Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,362   Online: 1030

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Troll or catalyst?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank-G
    Troll or catalyst?
    Sure that isn't cata list?

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by naturephoto1
    Sure that isn't cata list?

Rich
    Misread that as skata list.

Lee

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Frank,

I had to put you on my e-mail spamblock list tonight. I was not interested in your "petition" about the RFF contest. I do not care about that stuff.

This is not RFF, And you are NOT turning over a new leaf by doing postings like this here on APUG.

Folks here do not "compare gear" in the "mine is better than yours" negativism. There are many formats discussed here (all of them film-based, of course) and folks are respectful of each other's choices regarding gear, film etc.

Not to say it cannot get cantakerous here about minor things - but this really isn't a "slugfest" kind of site.

If you have a lens you like, then go with it. Butplease don't challenge anyone else about what they use. And if no one else has told you yet - a lot of the photogs here are using MF, LF and ULF and have no real interest in picayune arguments about 35mm RF gear!

It's a FILM site Frank - not a RF gearhead one!

I won't carry your baggage any longer - if you want to share your knowledge about RF gear in a positive sense then I think you are welcome here. But if it's a "beat 'em up" grudge thing.

Well, I'm not in charge.....

Shooter
    35mm
    Isn't this a Voigtlander forum? Sorry. Didn't mean to push your button. Anyway, that's not my petition. I only posted it on my site for a few nice RFF fellows, since they don't have webspace.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Miller
    Enlarge them a lot larger (11X14 or even 16X20) then examine them under magnification to make your own determination. Any chunk of glass will probably give you acceptable results at 4X6 print size.

I agree about the enlargement but not the magnification as I have never viewed and image this way. I see no reason to go beyond using the MK1 Eyeball as close as you like against whatever your max print size is likely to be..

I also dont understand how a question can be made regarding quality when a person owns both lenses and can see for themselves....if you are not printing beyond 6x4 it is a bit of a non-issue for the lenses mentioned and if printing beyond this size one can always, well, look at the prints!

Tom

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stanworth
    I agree about the enlargement but not the magnification as I have never viewed and image this way. I see no reason to go beyond using the MK1 Eyeball as close as you like against whatever your max print size is likely to be..

I also dont understand how a question can be made regarding quality when a person owns both lenses and can see for themselves....if you are not printing beyond 6x4 it is a bit of a non-issue for the lenses mentioned and if printing beyond this size one can always, well, look at the prints!

Tom

If you haven't tried it, you might consider doing it. It's amazing what a 4X or a 10X loupe will show.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Since I have a couple of 10X loops, I'll give it a go a little later tonight. But first I have to go out and buy some Holsten.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank-G
    Since I have a couple of 10X loops, I'll give it a go a little later tonight. But first I have to go out and buy some Holsten.
    Holsten knallt am dollsten.

But take care , dosis fecit venenum sola (Paracelsus)

bertram
    A la recherche du temps perdu: www. bersac.de

Shooter
    35mm
    7%!

I tried the loop thing with several 4 X 6 prints. Can't tell. I think both of these lenses are about equal, except that the 'cron seems to resolve richer contrast.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin