Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,466   Online: 1090

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

which one's sharper?

The Nokton 50/1.5 seems very sharp. How does it compare with Leica's 40/F2 'cron? It's difficult for me to see looking at my 4" X 6" prints. Thanks.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Enlarge them a lot larger (11X14 or even 16X20) then examine them under magnification to make your own determination. Any chunk of glass will probably give you acceptable results at 4X6 print size.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks!
    Any chunk of glass will probably give you acceptable results at 4X6 print size.
    Not really, but I got rid of those unsharp Nikkor lenses long ago. The 50mm Zeiss Yashica mount was also not sharp. The cheaper Yashica was sharper. Thank G_d we have Cosina today. http://www.cameraquest.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank-G
    Thanks!Not really, but I got rid of those unsharp Nikkor lenses long ago. The 50mm Zeiss Yashica mount was also not sharp. The cheaper Yashica was sharper. Thank G_d we have Cosina today.
    Unsharp Nikkors? A Zeiss also not sharp enough? Hmmmmmmm!
    You seem to be a very demanding individual.

Cheers

André

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by André E.C.
    Cheers
    André
    Maybe he had a 43-86 zoom and an uncoated 300/4.5 Tessar?

Or maybe he plays football with his lenses first, or cleans them with sandpaper?

I too find these assertions surprising, owning (as I do) Zeiss, Leica, Voigtlander and Nikkor lenses.

Cheers,

Roger

Shooter
    35mm
    I had an old Nikkor 50mm F1.4 and a Nikkor 200mm F4 Q. The 200mm was really a poor lens, like really really poor. The Zeiss 50mm Yashica/Contax mount wasn't that good either. These were the worst lenses I owned.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by André E.C.

Cheers

André
    I can't be sure, but I fear that one Frank Granovski lurks behind the pseudonym Frank-G. I believe -- could be mistaken -- that the Granovski character has been banned for life from every other photography-related BBS in the known universe. Granovski is, um, a fantasist. Spent a lot of time on photo.net's Leica forum proclaiming the superiority of leaf-shutter Yashica rangefinders and bemoaning his inability to obtain a pristine Leica CL that worked. Colossal PITA.

Shooter
    35mm
    Of course it's me, Dan, and I did buy a CL. I had it fixed 4 times, then sold it and it had to go in a 5th time by the buyer. Leaf shutters are best, although I sold one of my GSNs. It was a brand new one! (2 left).

Shooter
    35mm
    So anyone know which one's sharper---the Nokton 50/1.5 vs the 40/F2 'cron? I also wonder which one's sharper between the Nokton 50 and the Nokton 40. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What are you hearing about the Heliar 50/2?

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin