Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,682   Posts: 1,548,516   Online: 851

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm afraid Frank has a track record for this type of behaviour. I really don't know whether he is real or just looking for a reaction. Either way, it's best not to take the bait.
    Peace and Love, Jenni

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The closest I have come to people asking me what color the camera is have been a few idiots who asked if it was color or black and white.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by DBP
    The closest I have come to people asking me what color the camera is have been a few idiots who asked if it was color or black and white.
    I let an intern look through the reflex viewfinder of a Arri 35mm motion picture camera once, on set. He commented that it was the best color viewfinder image he had ever seen, even better than his Panasonic camcorder. He was confused to learn that it was optical, not electronic. It was kinda funny(but does point out that some film schools are seriously lacking)

Oh, and an Arriflex BL IVs with a nice Zeiss T1.3 super speed, now thats' sexy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails arri_bl4.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    It is too bad that the equipment and film together can not show the difference between dog that has different color eyes..black and brilliant blue.

What do you think the problem is: Cosina, Ilford or Daffy Duck?
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jason, a propos of the Arri, I suppose one attribute of professional-grade equipment is that it is so expensive that owning it makes sense only for rental houses.

Cheers,

Dan

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm
    Jason, a propos of the Arri, I suppose one attribute of professional-grade equipment is that it is so expensive that owning it makes sense only for rental houses.

Cheers,

Dan
    I do own and SRII (16mm-Arri for the non cine) that has been a good investment, and it is certainly professional grade, but as far as 35 goes, I agree, except maybe a "crash or grab" camera or two. (Custom Eyemo or some such)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hei, guys. There ARE reasons for favoring "black", both in cameras and in wardrobe. For one, the image of the photographer is less apparent in the reflections from window glass while wearing black. More than once I have used my black raincoat or whatever to drape over a bright orange sign and eliminate its reflection from a composition.

Also, a black camera, slung over one shoulder, against black clothing is the least conspicuous. Effective camouflage for street photography.

And, yes, my 'Blads are black, and I'll fondle them if I want to. I call that 'exercising the shutters'.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner
    I let an intern look through the reflex viewfinder of a Arri 35mm motion picture camera once, on set. He commented that it was the best color viewfinder image he had ever seen, even better than his Panasonic camcorder. He was confused to learn that it was optical, not electronic. It was kinda funny(but does point out that some film schools are seriously lacking)

Oh, and an Arriflex BL IVs with a nice Zeiss T1.3 super speed, now thats' sexy!
    Had a similar experience with the Maxwell viewfinder on my Yashicamat, a kid thought it was an LCD and that the camera was digital.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin