Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,664   Online: 1111

Thread: I got it! :)

Shooter
    Multi Format

I got it! :)

With happiness and pride I inform APUG that from yesterday I am happy and pride owner of Voigtlaender Bessa R2A and Color Skopar 35mm/f2,5 Pancake II lens

I know you know better than me about camera and lens, but! As little dissabled person (I have only about 30% of function of my right arm) I can say from that point of view next: Camera is not problem to use, but lens is too small, that is focusing is problem. Because I must hold and focus with my left fist, and I can not firmly hold camera with my right fist (my thumb and finger next to it "don't work") and focus lever of lens is too close to camera body, it is difficult to use.

But, as allways I will get used to it, so that doesn't diminish my happiness about new arrival

To say, I used RF, Konica S2 Auto, but this is different league...

Regards.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    haris:

I have a somewhat similar situation with my right hand. I find it useful to hold my Olympus OM SLRs with the base in the palm of my left hand, and my fingers (thumb and index, or sometimes index and middle) on either side of the lens.

I can then use my middle finger on my right hand to release the shutter, and the edge of the base of my thumb to operate the film wind.

As my strong left hand is right below the camera, it works quite well for slow shutter speeds.

This might not work with an R2A, or with your hands, but it might be worth trying.

Have fun with your new camera!

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Matt, that is exactly how I hold and operate my cameras, too.

Shooter
    35mm
    Is it black? A fine choice indeed! Before I bought my R3A I couldn't decide between these 2. But all ready having a 40mm 'cron, the R3A was a no brainer. Enjoy your new very special camera!
    I am happy and pride owner of Voigtlaender Bessa R2A and Color Skopar 35mm/f2,5 Pancake II lens

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, gray. It is prettier. And beside that it looks less intimidating than black.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, the gray is more money....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin