Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,371   Online: 1106

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Layne
    Faversham was one of the dwelling places of my Culpeper ancestors. Many are buried in Faversham church. Interesting to see the name crop up other than in family records.
    Mark
    Dear Mark,

There's a very impressive (?16th century) Culpeper memorial in All Saints', Birchington, too -- which is also where Dante Gabriel Rosetti is buried.

Cheers,

Roger

The Bessa R body is going at factory authorised closeout price,it is reported discontinued.Last Leica thread mount body with a meter I believe.
    www.cameraquest.com

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Hicks
    Dear Mark,

There's a very impressive (?16th century) Culpeper memorial in All Saints', Birchington, too -- which is also where Dante Gabriel Rosetti is buried.

Cheers,

Roger
    Roger
    I wasn't aware of the one in Birchington. Many years ago I visited a lot of the sites such as Hollingbourne, Leeds, Stede Hill. Must get back and record more. My grandmother was a Culpeper and a direct descendent of the Wigsell Culpepers, but its a long intertwined (and fascinating) story. How I wish the Americans would take out the double p.

Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    35mm RF
    ROGER,

"I post this principally to point out that RF cameras can perfectly well be used in good light -- they are not just low-light cameras." said Roger H

"Of course you can use RFs in good light, but some of the appeal is that you can use them, and often nothing else, in bad." said DBP

"No question. But there seem to be some who think that the latter is the only way you are allowed to use them. For example, unless I misunderstood him, Bruce Terry said you always get camera shake if the camera's being used right (see 'Which is sharper?')." responded Roger H

Now Roger, in a response specifically directed toward obsession with sharpness, what I said was: "Camera movement. Inherent in a RF being used right. So don't waste your time fretting about sharp. Maybe "bokah", maybe "contrast", definitely the way the camera holds steady, definitely the image in front of you, but sharpness? Come on!"

In the thread I further said:
    "I've used Ms....over the years on tripods for all sorts of reasons including max sharpness."
    " ...small, light, traveling, quick focusing - what RFs are mainly about....doesn't include a slow-you-down tripod or flapping mirror (except maybe for the day trip to the Inca Ruins or the still-life of your Grandma's vase)."
    "....within it's true mission, the hand, the balance of a RF with it's attached lens is more important to print result than the "sharpness" of any modern glass."

I believe you're trying to pull a rabbit out of a hat here - and this rabbit takes offense. =;•(

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I
    , but I much prefer the tonality -- another argument that sharpness isn't everything.
    Cheers,
    Roger
    Exactly !

I am constantly amused by the notion that some people have about photographic technique – a notion which reveals itself as an insatiable craving for sharpness in images. Is this the passion of an obsession? Or do these people hope, by this “trompe l’oeil” technique, to get to closer grips with reality? In either case, they are just as far away from the real problem as those of that other generation which used to endow all its photographic anecdotes with an intentional unsharpness such as was deemed to be “artistic.”
    Quote end.

I think you know that man !

Best,
    bertram
    Nice photos , the enlargement link for the 02 photo did not work when I tried it !
    A la recherche du temps perdu: www. bersac.de

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Dear Bruce,

I'm very sorry; I did not mean to offend you (or your rabbit!). But if you re-read your original you can see where my misconception arose. Please accept my apologies and put it down to the fact that internet communication never works as well as face-to-face.

Cheers,

Roger

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by rfshootist
    Best,
    bertram
    Nice photos , the enlargement link for the 02 photo did not work when I tried it !
    Thanks. I'll forward that to Karl. The 03 pic was missing at one point...

Cheers,

R.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Dear Bruce,

I'm very sorry; I did not mean to offend you (or your rabbit!). But if you re-read your original you can see where my misconception arose. Please accept my apologies and put it down to the fact that internet communication never works as well as face-to-face.

Cheers,

Roger
    The rabbit accepts your carrot....and yes, a lesson here: the slightest overlooked qualifier, be it coma, period, dash, not-laid-down word or two - such as "at slow speeds" - can get things off on a tangent in a hurry.

Have a good weekend and may your hat overflow with rabbits! =;•)

Bruce

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin