Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,775   Posts: 1,484,511   Online: 790

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi George. Same old grindstone? I don't come here much so I choose not to make a financial contribution. I thought the topic of this thread was Stephanie's desire for a lens. Lose the baggage and you'll be a happier person.
    Art should unsettle the comfortable, and comfort the unsettled.

My photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by frank
    Hi George. Same old grindstone? I don't come here much so I choose not to make a financial contribution. I thought the topic of this thread was Stephanie's desire for a lens. Lose the baggage and you'll be a happier person.
    It's not a "grindstone", frank. It's known as paying your fair share. You don't pay here, you don't pay there.

Where do you pay?

Over the past few days, since Stephanie has showed up here, we get you folk all coming to visit. Why not stay a spell and, BTW, chip in for the beer money?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I pay where I choose to pay, George. You're still off topic.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by frank
    I pay where I choose to pay, George. You're still off topic.
    Off topic, frank?

Oh, are you and back_alley in charge here now, too?

Reality is, frank, you RFF'ers have been flocking here since Stephanie started posting a week or so ago.

Like bees to honey!

How's that for topic, frank?

APUG's RF forum was the deadest doornail on the planet up to a couple of weeks ago.

Why are all you folk all of a sudden coming around?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Frank-G, where are you... the poo is here too!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw
    Frank-G, where are you... the poo is here too!!
    I hope your with me on this, Brian.

I really think this stinks.

All of a sudden these guys are all over APUG's RF forum. Where were they a couple of weeks or months ago?

They don't contribute a nickel to buying the bandwidth here that they want to enjoy and yet they're all quick to carry in their 'tude.

It's the same 'tude they strutted on another site which they also didn't want to support!

Buying a beer doesn't mean you have to listen to me....but hanging around the joint and arguing with the paying customers when you don't buy a beer usually means getting thrown out of the joint!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    George, you've got issues, man. I'm trying to post in Stephanie's thread on buying gear, and you are harrassing me. Please stop.

Hi Brian, this is FrankS.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Actually, Frank S, if you want to contact Brian, you can just send him a PM. You remember those, don't you? So why are you making a public plea?

BTW, this is just one of many of Stephanie's threads. How many do you want to post to? Do a search of the APUG RF forum for the others. Your buddy back_alley came in on a different one.

Each of Stephanie's threads is a "needs analysis" - same old, same old.

I know, you and the other geezers on RFF just have this "fartherly interest" in her well being. Geez, is the floor getting slippery in here?

Hey, there's a thought. Why not PM Stephanie?

Oh, BTW, I think Brian Shaw knows the difference b/w frank (or Frank S.) and Frank G. You see Brian has been here for a while and has also seen Frank G's many recent posts. You are who you are "frank" and we know you are not Frank G.

In fact, right now, I'm on the borderline of violating a "pact" Brian and I have agreed to - which is to "stay above the fray" when you RFF folk come over here and start your stuff.

Gotta go - BTW, have you subscribed to "Emulsion" yet. It's this great new film-based publication with a close rapport to those of us here on APUG. Subscriptions are very reasonable - check the links at the top of the web page!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Also, people should note that I didn't say anything about not being able to make up my mind, nor did I say anything about needing any of this. I want it, and it's a possibility that I'll be able to get it. I'm just like any other person here who wants to get an opinion before I buy something and that should be perfectly okay.

Also, I'm happy with my medium format folders. They give me everything I need in that format for now. What I'm unhappy with is the performance of some of my Russian lenses when compared with some of the others, especially when it comes to the J-9 VS the CV 75. The 75mm focal length would work better for me than an 85mm.

So, regarding that, I shouldn't look for new formats because I can't really afford to go higher than 35mm at the moment. I should look at bettering my current kit, which is what I'm doing. If I'm going to start printing, I want to get the best out of my photos. It's time I upgraded. And I like my Canon P. A lot. It has sentimental value to me. I'd just like some modern glass to put on it.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    While I'm sure Sean appreciates the thoughtfulness of those who support the site financially, bickering about it in the forums most certainly drives people away and does not help the forum in any way. Please take it offline, if you must.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin