Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,227   Posts: 1,532,691   Online: 761

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Voigtlander makes an adapter which allows M42 lenses (standard Pentax/Practica mount) to fit on the Bessa. The adapter itself is fairly pricey but made attractive by the very large array of wide-angle lenses available for this mount.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That's true Gerald, but the great thing about M39 wide-angle lenses is that they don't need to be retrofocus to accomodate a mirror behind the lens. The CV 21mm Color-Skopar I have on my Bessas (L and T) is one of the nicest lenses I've ever used - no M42 (or PK) lens I have ever tried comes close.

My (new) Bessa-T now has a revolving FSU viewfinder to go with the 21, 50, 58, 90 and 135mm lenses I have. Maybe I'll swap to the 21mm CV viewfinder when I use that lens, that will depend on how much I use the others...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    The CV 21mm Color-Skopar I have on my Bessas (L and T) is one of the nicest lenses I've ever used.
    Granted, but for what you would pay for this one lens you can get a whole spectrum of M42 wide angle lenses including the Pentax Takumar 17mm f/4 fisheye.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael
    So, no 35mm lens for me for the moment.

I would like having a 35 mm Leica, but I am little scared about price !
    I bought about 15 days ago Bessa R2A and Voigtlaender 35mm/f2 Color Skopar Pancake II lens (M Leica mount lens, that is you not need to buy adapter for Bessa R2A you have).

I payed for lens 230EURO (about 282 USD). Lens is new, in original manufacturer box, etc.. one word, completely new. One note, because I imported it from Austria to my country I didn't payed VAT, so include VAT in price if you are buying from EU country...

If that is price you can pay for 35mm lens, and I think it is good price, look at www.leicashop.at.

If you are in USA, or prefer buying in USA, www.cameraquest.com is place to see. Price for same lens is 319USD.

I am saying this because you said Leica 35mm is too expencive to you. CV lens is much cheaper and not that much worse (if worse at all in practical use - not looking MTF charts...) than Leica lens, and I belive CV 35mm lens with both seller I told you are affordable priced...

And there is allways secondhand option...

Good luck.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Koch
    Granted, but for what you would pay for this one lens you can get a whole spectrum of M42 wide angle lenses including the Pentax Takumar 17mm f/4 fisheye.
    $329 is money - at least compared to old M42 lenses - but the lens (and included finder) is worth it. It is the most I've ever paid for a lens, but it is also the lens I use most!

$285 can get you the 28/3.5 Color Skopar. That's a $44 difference between wide and very very wide...
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Voigtlander makes an adapter which allows M42 lenses (standard Pentax/Practica mount) to fit on the Bessa. The adapter itself is fairly pricey but made attractive by the very large array of wide-angle lenses available for this mount.
    I have already thought about such an adapter, but M39(lens) on M42 (camera) are a lot more frequent. But it is interesting, as I have a lot of M42 lens, and some will be nice on the Bessa-L, like the KMZ Zenitar 16mm, or the Carl Zeiss Jena 20 mm Flektogon.

Due to the greater diameter of the rear of M42 lens, I presume that these lens are farer than usual from film with this adapter ? The minimal focusing distance will be lesser, but lens will not focus at infinity, isn't it ?
    But I will look at Ebay and Voigtlander resellers to see if I find one.

Haris :
    Thanks for all the informations !
    But as I have a Bessa-L, I am afraid that I am tied to M39 screwmount lens.
    Maybe the lens you write about is M39 with an adapter ring to R-mount ?

I have seen on CameraQuest website that they sell a 35mm Color Skopar Classic (with M39) for $209 ! If this lens is good, it is effectively affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by haris
    I am saying this because you said Leica 35mm is too expencive to you. CV lens is much cheaper and not that much worse (if worse at all in practical use - not looking MTF charts...) than Leica lens, and I belive CV 35mm lens with both seller I told you are affordable priced...
    Yes, it is, but I currently try to maintain my already heavy photographic expenses at a reasonable level, so I will search second hand equipement preferably.

Thanks to all, regards,

Raphael

P.S : As I am relatively new here, just to be sure : is "CV" means something like "Cosina-Voigtlander" ?

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    P.S : As I am relatively new here, just to be sure : is "CV" means something like "Cosina-Voigtlander" ?
    Got it in one, Raphael! Spelling out "Cosina-Voigtländer" every time is too hard, especially if you insist on getting the "¨" over the "a" in "Voigtländer" right.
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Since the flange to film distance on the Bessa is less than that for M42 SLR's the adapter corrects for this allowing the M42 lens to focus at all distances.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Since the flange to film distance on the Bessa is less than that for M42 SLR's the adapter corrects for this allowing the M42 lens to focus at all distances.
    Yes, you are totally right, forget me, I miss the point, here

Cameraquest seems to sell theses M42/M39 adapter, to the "nice" price of $149... So I think I will try to build my own with a lathe !
    Last edited by Raphael; 09-15-2006 at 04:07 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Forget something/mistakes

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes, you are totally right, forget me, I miss the point, here

Cameraquest seems to sell theses M42/M39 adapter, to the "nice" price of $149... So I think I will try to build my own with a lathe !
    Try www.srbfilm.co.uk

Adapter listed on page 7 of catalog as stock item for £19.75!

Regards,

David

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin