Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,963   Posts: 1,558,390   Online: 839

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I've got the 21mm, and have used it extensively. I've always found a 28mm just not right, for some reason, so wanted something wider. As the 25mm is not rangefinder coupled, I went with the 21mm, and haven't regretted it. I used on Canon and Leica LTM cameras, and Leica M's. My only wish in this whole deal is that it seems that half the time when I take the 21mm (or other LTM lenses using adapters) off my M body, the lens unscrews and leaves the adapter behind. Maybe it's time for some light threadlock...

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I bought a 21mm with a Bessa-L quite a while ago, and it's a great fun little lens. I originally intended to buy just the lens (and finder) and use it on a FED, but since the whole package was only about $39 more I decided to get the Bessa-L too. Haven't regretted it a moment - and I've now bought a Bessa-T as a "supplement" to use with longer lenses.

Much of the film I've shot with the 21mm has been Maco IR 820/400. With a Heiopan 695 filter and the film speed set to 200, the exposure has been spot on all the time just using the built-in meter of the Bessa-L. A perfect combination
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It'd be beautiful if I could afford a 21mm Elmarit along with an M7 and an M8. However, I don't take near enogh photos to justify it. One day though! I'm definately going to buy a 21mmm Color Skopar in the near future, good ol Cosina and their modest prices.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I've had the cv 21 lens for about 2 years. Only used it sparingly for the first 12 months. At xmas I went to New Zealand for a hiking holiday and on the last couple of days found myself at Mt. Cook in absolutely perfect weather. On a morning walk out to Hooker lake I bought my Hexar rf camera to my eye and found a complete blur . The eyepiece finder had fallen off and thus the only lens I could use for the next 2 days was the 21 because of the supplementary finder. It turned out to be an awesome little lens and produced some amazing photos. It is prone to flare so I recommend you purchase the cv lens hood and if you use filters buy good quality ones.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Wehey, I managed to win one on eBay secondhand! It cost me £170 with a case when they're about £250 brand new and the case is another £22. It comes with a 39mm B+W skylight filter too which I'll no doubt sell on again. I've got all the focal lengths I'll need now, a 15mm, a 21mm, a 35mm, a 50mm and a 90mm. YAY!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well done! I don't think you'll regret the purchase. It's worth getting the accessory hood for it.
    Mark Pope
    Swindon, Wilts
    UK

http://www.monomagic.co.uk

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi All,

I went for the 12mm f5.6 instead of the 15mm. I also have the 21mm, and use that (I'm trying to use it -more-) on L and R bodies.

Both are great lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love this lens

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use the C.V. 4,5/15mm on my Leica M7. Nice lens especially because Leica doesn't have it. I use it also for I.R. landscape with a 72mm filteradapter and RG715 Heliopan 72mm filter. The Rollei 820/400 film does the work perfectly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't use the focal length much and couldn't justify buying the Leica 21mm, even used. It's turned out to be a sharp and handy lens. I like it because it's tiny and takes the regular 39mm filters of all my other Leica lenses. Lens with finder fitted in the Voigtlander case take up less room in a bag than most SLR normal lenses. The lens hood that comes with it is pretty useless but the optional rectangular hood works well. Although it's rangefinder coupled, the DOF is so great I seldom do anything but zone focus.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin