Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,932   Posts: 1,556,985   Online: 1059

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the CV 21/4 in Leica Screw Mount and I love it. I use it with an M adapter on several of my M mount cameras.

The new P version of this lens is optically the same, but has a built-in Leica M bayonet mount.

The 21/4 Color Skopar screw thread mount lens is selling new in the USA for $329.

The M mount 21/4P Color Skopar lens is selling new in the USA for $419.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have both the 15mm and the 21mm (along with most of the Voigtlander lenses). If you need 15mm, then 21mm will not do. It all depends on the subject matter you want to shoot. Sometimes (often, for me) you just can't back up far enough from your subjects to "get it all in" with a 21. The 21mm is an easier lens to use for general purpose work, as there is less "ultra-wide" look to it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    After re-reading my post above, I think I should also say that coming from a commercial photography background, when I decide on a project to shoot for my personal work, I treat it like a commercial shoot, and capture images from all the objects I set out to photograph. Many times one can not back up far enough to get it all in with a 21mm, or even if one can back up far enough, there are pesky trees or other objects in the way. Having a lot of lens choices enables one to "get" the image, regardless of the shooting conditions.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOTOTONE View Post
    ... Many times one can not back up far enough to get it all in with a 21mm, or even if one can back up far enough, there are pesky trees or other objects in the way. Having a lot of lens choices enables one to "get" the image, regardless of the shooting conditions.
    That's my reason for having both 15 and 21mm CV lenses for 35mm, as well as having just about everything from 65mm to 640mm for large format. Even if I shoot mostly nature, the landscape around here has much in common with archiecture: It's mostly vertical, and narrow.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin