Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,484   Posts: 1,571,255   Online: 1039

Shooter
    35mm

Leica IIIF-Rewind Knob/Shutter Button Stuck

I have a leica iiif that is in flawless cosmetic condition, but the shutter button won't go down, the rewind knob will not move, and the little lever that moves from "a" to "f" won't go to "f".

Does anyone know what is wrong and what could fix this? Thank you in advance.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    If there is a film in the camera you need a dark room to remove the film. The film cassette should 'drop out' together with the take up spool. You can either rewind manually or secure in dark boox to reload later.
    But first remove the lens to see what state the shutter is in, i.e. open, wound, unwound or part way through its sequence, don't monkey with blinds..., Ive forgotten how you set and unset T with a III series.
    Noel

Shooter
    35mm RF
    What speed is your shutter set at? If you are set at B on the fast dial, or T on the slow dial, and the shutter release is pressed, everything locks up and sits there with the shutter open until you slightly wind the shutter speed dial. (They don't work on the hold for T or press- press again for Bulb.)

Otherwise, I would seriously consider sending it to a Leica tech for service.

Ken

Shooter
    35mm

Thank You

Thank you everyone very much for your help. I think I may have to look into this further.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Try moving the slow speed dial to next speed, gently, push the catch if there is one.

Noel

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin