Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,582,997   Online: 1094

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Sigh, I did it again.

I made a mistake. I was out at lunch and decided to stop off at a thrift store to see if I could find an electric razor cord. I need a bi-post connector for my Crown Graphic. I figured I was safe because I had not seen a typewriter in that store for a couple of years.

I didn't think about cameras.

When I got to the section where the various old power cords were piled, I heard little voices crying out from a hook in the wall - help, help, help. Yes, a bunch of cameras were hanging there begging me to save them.

To be brief, I walked out with an SX-70 Model 2 (I hope the rumors of new film are true), a poor little Ansco Speedex (pre-war) with a bad bellows, an unbranded 35mm point and shoot for World Toy Camera Day on Saturday, and the prize of them all - a Bell and Howell/Canon Canonet 19 - the whacko rangefinder from 1961 with the film advance lever on the bottom.

I had promised myself I wouldn't buy any more cameras, but at least I'm out only $11.73. Yes, for all four.
    juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    isn't there an equipment purchase anonymous out there that can help you?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If there is, I'm a candidate for membership too. $11.73 what a great buy, nothing like a bargain to fee the addiction.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by juan View Post
    I was out at lunch and decided to stop off at a thrift store....
    Thankfully, my wife, a Jacksonville native, BRINGS her camera to thrift stores there (esp. one on Atlantic Avenue near San Marco) and spends nearly every minute making 'graphs of the stuff on the shelves. Then she buys a few Tshirts to use in the studio while painting, and leaves. WHEW!!!!!!!!
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    To use current film in an SX070, try this site: http://www.polaroid.com/sx70/en/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jovo View Post
    Thankfully, my wife, a Jacksonville native, BRINGS her camera to thrift stores there (esp. one on Atlantic Avenue near San Marco) WHEW!!!!!!!!
    John, tell her there's a nice, new, packed-to-the-ceiling-with-stuff thrift store just down Philips Highway from San Marco - across the street from the new Super Wal-Mart.
    hahahahahahahahah
    juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by juan View Post
    John, tell her there's a nice, new, packed-to-the-ceiling-with-stuff thrift store just down Philips Highway from San Marco - across the street from the new Super Wal-Mart.
    hahahahahahahahah
    juan

Yikes!!!
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    aye theres a new sx-70 film but its 40 bucks US for 20 shots

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin