Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,022   Online: 1001

Shooter
    Multi Format

Battery for Yashica MG-1

Picked up this little beauty at the Sally Ann for $3.00. I need a PX32 replacement battery like the one used in the Electro 35.
    I have seen the ones made be The Yashica Guy. Can I cobble together a similar battery?

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I seem to remember that's the same battery used in the G series. I used a stack of LR44's wrapped in a cardboard tube with a ballpoint pen spring to complete contact with the battery cover. I'm sure this is NOT the way to do it (as I'll hear), but gave me acceptable exposures in a few GS, GSN's & didn't fry anything.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.yashica-guy.com/document/battery.html

Well, you've seen that. He says it works for the MG-1 too. I don't know, for $15 seems worth it.

Best,

Will
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    These cameras are somewhat independent of the actual battery voltage. The only thing a converter need do is make up for the smaller size of the battery available today. But as mentioned, for 15 bucks why bother to make you're own. If you want a better match for battery voltage there is a CRIS adapter available.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin