Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,733   Online: 1059

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Double accessory shoe? Shoe spacer?

I just picked up a nice Kodak Retina 35-80 accessory viewfinder (for use on my various screw-mount rangefinder bodies). It's big and bright and clear and has parallax correction.

However, it doesn't quite clear the shutter speed dial on my Fed camera (and probably won't clear the speed on the Zorki I have coming).

Can anyone recommend a source for something that'll raise it slightly in the shoe or displace it to the side? Something like the Voigtlander double shoe would be handy but they are nearly £40 gbp which is more than the camera and the finder combined.

Anyone made a bracket like this? I'm thinking of taking a junk camera maybe and use the shoe from that along with a bracket of some kind.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I bought one of those years ago. I am not sure that they are still made. As I recall, it was used as a light trigger.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    They are still available. There are different "heights" (3 I believe) depending on the clearance you need.

I got mine from Cameraquest so I could use both a shoe mounted light meter and various VF's with my Nikon S2.

I believe that B&H also sells them.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin