Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,600   Online: 639

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

Rollei 35 tessar 40 mm f3.5

Which filter size do I have to look for ? Would 27 mm be ok ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Isn't it 24 mm for a screw-in filter?

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Helen is right. According to the manual this lens takes a 24mm filter.

Hans
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    24mm is correct, B+W make quite a few.

I picked a new red 24mm filter up from Ffordes for £5 earlier in the year. It vignettes a little, but is otherwise really nice.

Some sellers try and cash in on the size's rarity. You may need to shop around to get a realistic price.
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

filter

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    24mm is correct, B+W make quite a few.

I picked a new red 24mm filter up from Ffordes for £5 earlier in the year. It vignettes a little, but is otherwise really nice.

Some sellers try and cash in on the size's rarity. You may need to shop around to get a realistic price.
    I have to choice between different color conversion filter Hoya 80 A,B,C and 82A. Which one to choose from ? Or does it depend on Kelvin of lighting ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Last edited by clogz; 11-03-2006 at 08:04 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BBonte View Post
    I have to choice between different color conversion filter Hoya 80 A,B,C and 82A. Which one to choose from ? Or does it depend on Kelvin of lighting ?
    What do you want to use it for? What sort of film are you using in what sort of lighting?

Best,
    Helen
    PS There's no need to capitalise 'kelvin'.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

filter

Quote Originally Posted by Helen B View Post
    What do you want to use it for? What sort of film are you using in what sort of lighting?

Best,
    Helen
    PS There's no need to capitalise 'kelvin'.
    Thanks all. Very interesting article. I use mainly Fuji Superia but I read the 4the layer is compensating artificial lighting as bulbs.. I want to use the filter for indoor photography without having to use a tungsteen color film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You have a range of choices if you are using colour negative film. They include, but are not restricted to, the following methods.

1) You can get nearly full correction with an 80A (assuming that you are shooting in household tungsten lighting) and lose two stops or maybe a little more.

2) You can do partial correction with an 80C (for example) and lose one stop. As an option you can overexpose up to a further stop or more.

3) You can do no correction and just overexpose up to, or a little over, two stops.

Method 1: A blue conversion filter just reduces the intensity of the red end of the spectrum down to the level of the blue end (put rather simplistically) so you need to increase the overall exposure to compensate.

Method 3: With no corrective filter, you just increase the exposure so that the blue-sensitive layer gets correct exposure (the same as method 1) and the red-sensitive layer gets overexposed (unlike method 1). Colour negative film can usually cope with that amount of overexposure, but the results will probably not be as good as method 1.

Method 2 lies between 1 and 3. In general the more exposure you give, the better the shadow detail will look. Underexposure of colour neg film leads to graininess, and the blue-sensitive layer is likely to be the least well exposed. It is usually the grainiest of the three layers even when exposed in light of the correct colour temperature.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

filter

Thanks,Hellen. I bought a Hoya 80A and cope with losing 2 stops.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin