Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,904   Posts: 1,555,831   Online: 772

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1519202122232425

since there are no standard mag viewfinders with good 28mm framelines, a second body is a great idea. not even the zeiss ikon let's you see the whole 28mm frame.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by raizans View Post
    since there are no standard mag viewfinders with good 28mm framelines, a second body is a great idea. not even the zeiss ikon let's you see the whole 28mm frame.
    I beg to differ . . .

. . . but to each his own.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mps View Post
    I am the naive chic that asked the question......I never expected such a plethora of responses. I now understand I definitely won't pass up an opportunity to test drive a Leica!

Unlike the rest of you,as it sounds anyway, I am new to photography and strictly shoot 35mm SLR. I am interested in broadening my horizons and am considering RF vs. MF. The bottom line is I love to shoot. My budget currently won't allow me to purchase a Leica so I will go with one of the many other suggestions. Thanks.
    Hey there!

As someone who recently started using a Rangefinder - there are a couple of options.

One would be to pick up an inexpensive FSU camera - usually less and $100 for one that works. Will give you a feel for the "rangefinder experience" though will be built "like a tractor" in feel. I did this.

Then if you are on a budget and want to trade up, the Voigtlander is probably your best bet new. I saved up a bit and got a Zeiss Ikon with 35mm/f2 lens, but a similar setup for the Voigtlander would have cost abotu half of what I paid.

So....

Good Luck!

It doesn't *have* to be a Leica, they are no doubt a fine camera, but there are other options there as well!
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================
    Quiquid Latine dictum sit altum viditur

mps

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromo33333 View Post
    Hey there!

As someone who recently started using a Rangefinder - there are a couple of options.

One would be to pick up an inexpensive FSU camera - usually less and $100 for one that works. Will give you a feel for the "rangefinder experience" though will be built "like a tractor" in feel. I did this.

Then if you are on a budget and want to trade up, the Voigtlander is probably your best bet new. I saved up a bit and got a Zeiss Ikon with 35mm/f2 lens, but a similar setup for the Voigtlander would have cost abotu half of what I paid.

So....

Good Luck!

It doesn't *have* to be a Leica, they are no doubt a fine camera, but there are other options there as well!
    Thank you! I will post an update of my learning experiences with a non-Leica RF hopefully in the near future!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin