Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,212   Posts: 1,532,062   Online: 1190

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Peti meter is about a 1/2 stop off but close enough with b&w.

Craig

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi All,

I'm trying to resurrect an old Yashica Electro 35 GTN. I have put in some home cut springs to adapt a 4LR44 battery and the battery check works. The over and under bulbs light up and seems appropriate enough. I have checked the "pad of death" and it seems intact. The only problem I have is that when I use the Bulb setting, the shutter stays open even if I release the shutter button.

Do you have any recommendations on fixing this camera DIY or should I just have the camera CLA'ed? The normal CLA rate here is about Php850 or $21.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by domeng View Post
    Hi All, Do you have any recommendations on fixing this camera DIY or should I just have the camera CLA'ed? The normal CLA rate here is about Php850 or $21.
    I suppose it depends on how much of an economic strain $21 is to you. Here in the States it is a really nice price for a CLA that will address more than the bulb setting issue. They may do seals & adapt the camera for use with alkaline cells instead of mercury at the same time.

If the shutter is not sticking at other speeds, it's easy enough to pop the top off to have a look at the upper linkage....you'll still need to do the other stuff yourself, too, though.

Shooter
    35mm
    If you need a hood & lens cap Hama makes a rectangle that works just fine. Cuts the flare. UV filters are no problem. Extremely sharp lens, truly. It is good at night and you can increase the shutter speed with the use of a unversal "shutter soft release." The main difference with the rangefinder to SLR is to keep the cap off...there is no reminder.

Shooter
    35mm
    I just purchased a Yashica 35 GSN for $42 including shipping, look at the condition! I got really lucky..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_1999.jpg  
    "A picture is a poem without words"
    ~Horace~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin