Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,521,982   Online: 1096

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format

Yashica Electro 35

I see that it says that this thread is broken down into forums for various cameras..unfortunatly I have not been able to find where they are!
    I have just aquired a Yashica Electro 35.For which I paid the grand total of £19.00! The camera is fully functioning and has some sort of battery convertor in it allowing it to ue modern batteries. I have run two lots of film through it (HP5 rated at80 ASA) withgood results. The lens is f1.7 and seems really sharp even fully opened. I am blown away by the quality I have got with this camera for the money. This is the first rangefinder I have used, so have to get used to how it focuses.
    I would be interested in any tips on using this really rather wonderful machine. Am I at risk of becoming a rangefinder fan and having to buy a Leica?
    "The Church says that the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the Church"
    Ferdinand Magellan

Shooter
    35mm
    I am now the owner of the yashica mg-1 My 1st rangefinder luv it I've been using it quite more than my 35s which I got a collection of I don't think the Leica bug got me yet plus the wife would skin me alive I am into street photos and this gem is nice and quiet good luck there

Shooter
    35mm

back again

Try this site for more info on your camera www butkis .org or the Yashicaguy .com lots of info there

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    This is also a good source of info

http://www.mattdentonphoto.com/cameras/yashica_gsn.html

- Randy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks to bith of you. the photo of the camera on matt dentons page is worth visiting just for that! I have been shooting on this camera most of today ,sorry had to use my d**r for some shots as I was in a Police station security area (taking pictures offically honest) and they wanted to review the shots for any security lapse's! and I can't process and print that quick. It is great..I am now a big fan of rangefinders, sharp lens, acurate focus, fits in a pocket, tells me when I need a tripod, completly silent and only cost £19.00!
    "The Church says that the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the Church"
    Ferdinand Magellan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    These cameras are aperture priority and the user has no direct control over the shutter setting except for flash mode. Some people do not like this restriction and want more flexibility.

Where these cameras do stand out is for night time photography. Yashica advertised speeds down to 8 seconds although most people would say that long exposures were even better than this.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I find my Yashica GSN produces best results with good film. The lens does not produce very colorful pictures so colorful film works best. I tried Fuji Reala for the first time and boy it's so good.
    I have a friend who's always skeptical about my GSN. I showed her the Reala pictures and she said the pictures better than digital! She said her face looks almost 3D in the photos, when with digital her face always looks round and fat.
    A little bit about my Yashica GSN at my blog Gas Lounge

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I must be the only person in the world that does not like the Yaschica GSN. I traded mine for a Petri 7s. The Petri is completly manual & the selemiun meter still works.

Craig

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigH View Post
    I must be the only person in the world that does not like the Yaschica GSN. I traded mine for a Petri 7s. The Petri is completly manual & the selemiun meter still works.

Craig
    I've never seen a Petri 7s with a working meter, but the older Petri Color F1.9 and F2.8 are a joy to handle. Lubricants can be a bit of an issue after half a century, unfortunately.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Take a look at these GSN photos that were taken in China:

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=34986

GSN cameras are wonderful machines for silly little money.

Wayne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin