Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,747   Posts: 1,483,769   Online: 762

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

BEAUTIFUL Jupiter-12 Can't Wait to Shoot it

I just got this in the mail about 45 minutes ago in trade for one of my russian cameras. (Traded a Zenit-11 for it) Soon as the lens warmed up (came in from the freezing cold all day in the mailbox) I tried it on my Canon P to make sure the back element didn't bump into the light baffles, and fits like a charm.

Anyways heres some quick second shots off the top of my desk as I sit here on the computer. Can't wait to shoot this thing tomorrow.

On my Canon P, its a little shorter than my Canon 50mm f/1.8, but the diameter is wider than the front of the 50mm.

The back of the lens focused at infinity. Note how its within a few mm of the light baffles and how close it gets to the shutter curtains.
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh
    Color Film always existed. It's just the world was always black and white till recently.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Karl,

I have this exact same set up----Canon P with the J-12. The J-12 takes 40.5 mm filters and lens hood, this lets me use my Contax stuff on the J-12.

Here is a snapshot I took using the set-up and Kodak 200:

Wayne

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yea my Jupiter-3 also takes 40.5 filters, but my Canon 50mm f/1.8 takes 40.0 filters (I've only managed to find 1 UV filter, and 1 Series 6 adapter to fit on that lens), I got a large set of colored filters and hoods that are Series 6 with a 40.5 adapter for them already, just took me a lil to find one for the 50mm f/1.8 lens.
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh
    Color Film always existed. It's just the world was always black and white till recently.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The J-12 is supposed to be a Biogon clone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by glennfromwy View Post
    The J-12 is supposed to be a Biogon clone.
    Yea I know, the original design was from the Pre-war Carl Zeiss Biogon.
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok got a chance to test the lens... however... I was cooped up in the house, nothing interesting around, it just snowed yesterday with it continuing to snow today. Did not have the car with me, and it was starting to get dark. So basically just take these images as a confirmation that "It works" and is of reasonable sharpness. Most the ambient light shots were taken at 2.8, 4 or 5.6 aperture (only outdoors had 5.6 going), and the flash ones either f/8 or f/11. As I said before, these shots are nothing special at all, just wanted to get an idea where my edge-to-edge coverage was gona be in the viewfinder and if the lens worked ok.

Shot on Ilford FP4+ Developed in HC-110 Dil.B for 9 minutes @ 68F/20C

Ceramic Bears in bay window room we're "Renovating"

Our clock (general sharpness test, flash used)

Deciding if I really wanted to go outside or not.

Eh... the ferrets.

Our stained glass fertility window ornament.

... The Shed... what more can I say.
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin