Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,215   Online: 857

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    careful with that lens and IR film... shooting it wide open will leave you very prone to focus errors. That Canon F0.95 lens SHOULD fit on something other than the 7... I saw one in a window of an antique store in Buenos Aires on I want to say it was a Canon P, but I could be wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is that the 500mm f.95?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by richard ide View Post
    Is that the 500mm f.95?
    I know some collodion wet plate workers that wish to heck it was 500mm. I know you meant 50mm. Yes.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Correct as first presented. To ponder and wish for; but not backpack

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    50mm? Hmmmm, I'm thinking recessed lensboard and bag bellows. Maybe, some painter's blue tape to hold a strip (or several strips!) of 35mm inside a 4x5 film holder...Whattaya say Jim? Canon 7 to Betax #5 adapter?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    50mm? Hmmmm, I'm thinking recessed lensboard and bag bellows. Maybe, some painter's blue tape to hold a strip (or several strips!) of 35mm inside a 4x5 film holder...Whattaya say Jim? Canon 7 to Betax #5 adapter?

Hey Brad! Naw, on a Deardorff, it would just look normal. You need to squash it on the front of something Leica sized for it to really look impressively massive The 50 takes a 72mm filter. It's BIG! Actually, I guess they were never terribly well loved.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    oooohwoo...72mm filters? on a 50mm "Normal" lens? We need to see some photos of this monster!

Still think you might have some fun with it in mounted front of a Packard...oh, wait...2 inch focus. Maybe not.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli View Post
    Probably a one night stand.

Tramp.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Brad- imagine something the size of a regulation MLB baseball on the front of a Leica. Look through the rangefinder and the barrel intrudes into the field of view- that's how big it is. I think the lens weighs something on the order of 1 1/2 to 2 lbs by itself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin