Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,492   Posts: 1,571,374   Online: 993

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canonet 17

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, you can.

I've been using my Canonet a lot more lately, having had the urge to simplify. The easiest (but expensive) way to use the A mode is to replace the funky mercury batt with a Wein cell available at a decent camera store.

You can also use a 625A alkaline battery in it (from Radio Shack), but the metering will be a little off. I've found it's been close enough to get a correctible image with the color print film I use.

You can also muck around with making zinc-air hearing aid batteries work, or buy a diode adapter. Have not tried those solutions.

You can find out more on all this stuff with a few minutes doing Google searches. Try "Canonet Battery" or "625 mercury cell replacement".

Have fun with it!

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvman View Post
    Can you use this camera manually without batteries disregarding the 'A' mode?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Mecury free batteries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin