Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,008   Posts: 1,524,603   Online: 1037

Shooter
    Multi Format

russian lens for leica?

Could someone give me a step by step on what I need, and method to

adjust russian lens to match leica back focus . How to use a

collimator, what part of the lens to ajust for jupiter 9 and 12. Also

leica 135mm hektor

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by randy6 View Post
    Could someone give me a step by step on what I need, and method to

adjust russian lens to match leica back focus . How to use a

collimator, what part of the lens to ajust for jupiter 9 and 12. Also

leica 135mm hektor
    Dear Randy,

Should work anyway. If it doesn't, I doubt it can easily be made to.

Cheers,

R. (RF user since C. 1970 and author, with his wife, of a book on the subject).

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Try searching on the http://www.rangefinderforum.com/ where this topic comes up often. A hecktor should (Has something happened to it?) be OK without need of adjustment.
    yours
    Frank

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The Russian lenses made after WW2 should work OK on Leica. If you are having problems with your Leica body focusing various lenses, then it is posssible that your Leica body is in need of calibration. The rangefinder is not so strong that it will stay in adjustment forever. There are web pages on the net that go into precise detail on adjusting your rangefinder. It is not hard, and you do not have to disassemble the camera, just remove a cover screw and a ring around one of the rangefinder windows to get to the adjustments. Get your rangefinder accurate, and you should have no problem with the focus of either post WW2 Russian lenses, or Leica lenses.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't have a Leica, but I use Leica lenses (90mm Elmar, 135mm Hektor) as well as Russian lenses (Industar 22, 50, 61, Jupiter-9) on a Russian camera without (focus) problems. And they all focus fine on a Voigtländer Bessa-T too.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, I spoke with Yuri at fedka.com in New York, he claims he can adjust my lenses and zorki body to match my leica 3f. He just

needs my leica to compare to. about $45 a lens $60 body . Although he did not say how he would go about this.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by randy6 View Post
    Thanks, I spoke with Yuri at fedka.com in New York, he claims he can adjust my lenses and zorki body to match my leica 3f. He just

needs my leica to compare to. about $45 a lens $60 body . Although he did not say how he would go about this.
    What he would be doing, primarily is adjusting the lens register, and rangefinder on the Zorki body to match the Leica standard. There are "some" Russian lenses that have the optical block screwed into the barrel, and in that case the optical block could be spaced further out (if needed) with a thin washer, but I really don't see the need of that. I have various Russian lenses in LTM and if they have not been "tampered" with since leaving the factory and they all work great and focus fine on my LTM Leica camera bodies. The primary incompatibility with Russian/Ukrainian lenses and bodies and Leica equipment, are the Russian/Ukranian lenses and bodies made before and during WW2. Anything that is new enough to have an anti-reflection coating on the glass, is built to the Leica standard for the most part.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin