Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,852   Online: 952

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

"PIMP My CAMERA" kit for Leica M4 on ebay

had to share http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true

or ebay item # 280044504697

Enjoy!!!
    Joseph Burke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That same seller has an M4-2 in olive that he claims is from 1957.
    He's gotta be using professor Peabody's wayback machine to do that.
    The camera wasn't made until '78. He also mentions a paint chip exposing the black chrome beneath the paint.
    Ummm, I don't think ao!
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think the big question is, why? After seeing the Gibson ltd. edition M body on the Photovillage website, there should be some sort of community standard when pimping up Leica bodies.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    That same seller has an M4-2 in olive that he claims is from 1957.
    The 1957 referred to is the seller's item ID number, not an indication of date of manufacture. That said, the seller has offered up a number of repainted black M2s and M3s saying, or atleast implying, that they are authentic black paint models. A quick check of serial number discredits that.
    Even though, I really would like that "black" M2 just for the original Leicavit attached to the bottom of it. I'm just not sure if I'd trust to buy it *as-is* from this specific seller.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You really have to watch this one, because there's absolutely no fefund if you get fipped off!

Shooter
    35mm
    err, a partial retraction of my previous post is in order. The black M2 being offered with a Leicavit here is indeed a genuine black M2 (according to CameraQuest). This doesn't account for previous auctions with after market black painted cameras.

I am interested, though, as to why on a genuine BP M2 the 1/50 shutterspeed (Flash icon) is not painted red like almost all other BP models I've seen but instead is painted white.

Shooter
    35mm RF

Flipper

I've seen this seller pay too much for items and then list them for auction at super inflated prices...I believe that the seller targets collectors with too much money and not enough knowledge...hey, as a business model, perhaps it works...Not any significant feedbacks, so there is a value to flipping parts, I guess...

Cheers,
    AJ

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin