Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,135   Online: 860

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Leica Newbie question

I have obtained an older M3 (1957) and it has a light meter attached to the top.

I can NOT seem to be able to remove this meter. I do NOT have a manual for this camera. So I was hoping that somebody here might be able to give me a clue as to what combination of levers allows the meter to be removed.

Thanks for your help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looking down at the camera so the lens in pointing away from you, as if you were going to use, turn the knurled exposure meter knob counter clock wise still it stops. You then should be able to grasp both sides of this knurled knob and lift up. This will pull the connecting pins out of the socket on the camera so you should then be able to slip the meter out of the shoe. Be careful not to scratch the top of the camera if you can.

Jim
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can down load the manual for the M3 at
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/joechan...camanuals.html

Pages 19 to 23 have meter info.

Jim
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    You can down load the manual for the M3 at
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/joechan...camanuals.html

Pages 19 to 23 have meter info.

Jim
    Thanks Jim, I really appreciate your time on this. The manual will come in handy.

Steve Hicks

Shooter
    35mm RF
    If you intend to use the meter you probably need PVC tape on the top plate of the camera otherwise you will probably get (more) rub marks.

When you lift the knob you have to turn it some more (same sense) to lock the knob in the raised position, so thet the meter can be slid back from the camera without marring the shutter speed knob.

Noel

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin