Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,537   Online: 1012

Shooter
    Multi Format

Leica summarit filter size?

Leica summarit filter size?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any one know the filter/lens hood size for 1950s screw mount summarit 5cm/f1.5 Also what you think of the lens quality. I would like to see some color and black and white photo's.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    No experience of lens, but filter size is E41. The lens has a reputation as being a big improvement on the pre-war Xenon (due to the coating), by today's standards I would imagine it has low micro-contrast and a higher tendency to flare.

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    PS: I believe I am correct in saying that William Eggleston used something like a Leica IIIF with a SUMMARIT at the start of his picture-taking - maybe this is a recommendation!
    Last edited by David H. Bebbington; 01-14-2007 at 01:00 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: OP had "Summitar" by mistake!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just in case there's some confusion or doubt introduced by the Summitar / Summarit both being mentioned, they are different lenses, and my information confirms the E41 filter size for the Summarit, which is a 50mm f:1.5. The Summitar is a 50mm f:2.

Lee

Shooter
    35mm
    The Summarit 1.5 uses 41mm filters, pretty hard to find, but a few months ago Don Goldberg at www.dagcamera.com had a few at reasonable prices.

The hood for this is the Leitz XOONS, which are on the auction site often, but pretty expensive.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks. for the help

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin