Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,715   Online: 1170

Shooter
    35mm RF

Broken film advance lever on hi-matic 7s

Hello all,
    I'm very new to APUG and to film cameras. I have a Minolta hi-matic 7s that belonged to my Grandfather. I loaded a roll of film incorrectly, and it wound itself
    around the guide spool.When the film started to bind up,I forced the advance lever and SNAP! It now swings free in the breeze! Can this be repaired or did I kill this camera? If it can be repaired,do I need to find a donor camera for parts? Lastly,can anyone point me towards someone capable of fixing it.The camera has a great deal of sentimental value.(not to mention,it took great pictures)! Thanks for any help......Paul
    I'm not a complete idiot.....some parts are missing!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I understand the sentimental value, but if you have to pay someone to get the repair done, you will be paying well in excess of the camera's monetary value. I suspect that you will be looking at something in the ballpark of $100. I will let someone else chime in about a good repair person, I am not sure, but I do think it might be a good idea to see if you can find a parts camera on eBay. I doubt that there is a supplier for those parts any more.

Good luck!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Cannot really add any advice - but if this makes you feel any better, your Avatar is great! Looks like a dancer or figure skater!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen View Post
    I understand the sentimental value, but if you have to pay someone to get the repair done, you will be paying well in excess of the camera's monetary value. I suspect that you will be looking at something in the ballpark of $100. I will let someone else chime in about a good repair person, I am not sure, but I do think it might be a good idea to see if you can find a parts camera on eBay. I doubt that there is a supplier for those parts any more.

Good luck!
    Thanks for the reply. I did find a hi-matic 7 on eBay for parts.Now I have to find someone that can make the repair.I figured it was going to cost more to fix it,than to just replace it.I found the same camera's in near mint condition on eBay for around $40.00 + shipping. But because it was my Grandfathers camera,it's worth it to me.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    Cannot really add any advice - but if this makes you feel any better, your Avatar is great! Looks like a dancer or figure skater!
    Thanks George!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin