Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,974   Posts: 1,558,730   Online: 813

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by randy6 View Post
    Can anybody tell about this lens I just got it off of ebay for only $152.00
    what ist the filter size and lens hood.

Leitz 35mm Summaron f:3.5
    Good luck with that lens and I hope you like it. I got one off eBay a couple years ago for about $130 but never found it all that sharp or interesting in character. Mine could have been a poor example as many like it. I sold it off.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'v contacted skgrimes camera repair (machine shop)I will let them make a c33 film advance lever for about $65 I supose after the first the rest will be cheaper. They can also make sme a lens hood for my 50mm leica summarit for about $65.00

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I had one too. Size-wise and mechanically it was almost perfect however it really wasn't sharp enough so I ended up with a V4 Summicron instead.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi, so overall is this a nice lens? Compare to CV 35mm/2.5 (I have one came with the Bessa R)? I see BH has one for about 300 bucks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got a nice black metal push-on lens hood for a 135 Hektor a couple of years ago from cameraquest.com. I just checked the site and couldn't find them, but it might be worth an email to see if they still have one.

Lee

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dxphoto View Post
    Hi, so overall is this a nice lens? Compare to CV 35mm/2.5 (I have one came with the Bessa R)? I see BH has one for about 300 bucks.
    The CV 35mm/2.5 is a modern lens with multi-coating, will be sharper and contrastier. The old Summaron 3.5 is a single-coated lens of older design and will be lower contrast and creamier. They really can't be compared to each other. Each can produce fine pictures, but they will be different from each other.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fedka.com has a couple of A36 push on filters available used and they have 40.5 lens hoods listed as well. Here is the page:

http://www.fedka.com/catalog/default...757fe5fdf7f5ac

I just ordered one of the 2x yellow 36mm filters for a 1951 Industar-22.

...If any of this is of any help....

My Summarit is equipped with a Leitz E41 clearly marked.

Shooter
    35mm
    You can get a hood for the Summarit from cameraquest.com for $50 including the front cap. I purchased one in the silver and it matches well with the chrome of the summarit.
    "A picture is a poem without words"
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by David H. Bebbington View Post
    In a word - no! The right hood for the Summaron is this:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Leica-Leitz-FO...QQcmdZViewItem
    but that's not very cheap. The easiest filter/hood solution would be a Cokin holder with 3 clamp screws instead of a threaded ring, the small "A" size would be fine, but the thing would still be a bit bulky in realtion to a screw-thread Leica. A WIDE-ANGLE 36 mm push-on hood and a Summarit hood are 2 hard-to-find items!
    David H is correct & the only easy hood option is a push on A36 series filter ring and a series filter wide angle hood, & this would help the filter availability as well.

The lens should perform well f/8 and smaller, it is pushing it to use 5.6 if you want poster size prints, but if you just want 10x8 it is ok...

Noel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin