Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,893   Online: 982

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Leitz 35mm Summaron f:3.5

Can anybody tell about this lens I just got it off of ebay for only $152.00
    what ist the filter size and lens hood.

Leitz 35mm Summaron f:3.5

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As I recall, there were 2 versions, one A36 (36mm push-on), the other E39 (39mm screw-in). What's the number?

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    serial number is 886771there are threads on the inner ring none on the outside . so mayby push on?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That number makes it a 1951 lens - definitely A36!

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the help. now the leica summarit was e40.5mm and what is the filter size for the serial no 1642770 135mm hektor f4.5 and were is the best place to get these filters and lens hoods? thanks again Randy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The filter size for the Summarit should have been the standard easy-to-find 40.5 mm, instead it is the unique-to-Leica, rare-as-hens'-teeth E41. The size for the 135 mm Hektor was always A36. The Summarit filters were discussed on this thread:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum65/3...light=Summarit
    I have never owned this lens so have not tried to find them, all I know is they are quite rare! There are lots of A36 filters around, most in less than perfect condition, I have in the past made myself a "new" filter by taking an A36 mount and putting in the new glass from a 35.5 screw-in filter. Then I got a Leitz adapter which allows E39 filters to be used. Your Hektor, by the way, is from 1958.

Regards,

David
    Last edited by David H. Bebbington; 01-27-2007 at 04:02 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added link, corrected 1 spelling error.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It's not the only place - but it's the best one I've found for filters for older RF lenses:

http://www.2filter.com/

Note: I have no connection with the vendor except as a satisfied customer. These are good folk.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Any one no where I can find a cheap lens hood for either lens/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    In a word - no! The right hood for the Summaron is this:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Leica-Leitz-FO...QQcmdZViewItem
    but that's not very cheap. The easiest filter/hood solution would be a Cokin holder with 3 clamp screws instead of a threaded ring, the small "A" size would be fine, but the thing would still be a bit bulky in realtion to a screw-thread Leica. A WIDE-ANGLE 36 mm push-on hood and a Summarit hood are 2 hard-to-find items!
    Last edited by David H. Bebbington; 02-23-2007 at 08:02 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Factual error!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The 35mm Summaron F3.5 is a reasonably sharp lens that can produce very nice photos, it is lower contrast than more modern 35mm lenses in Leica mount, and not nearly as sharp as current offerings for Leica.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin