Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,985   Posts: 1,523,949   Online: 884

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't have a Zorki, but this one was shot with a FED2 and a FED 50/3.5 collapsible Elmar clone. Hand held at 1/10 second in poor light...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Eric,
    I don't have much to say about quality of jupiter lenses, cause I have "industar 50". But, here's one advice; never change shutter's speed settings on your Zorki before you advance the film.
    Snjesko

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ole,

Fantastic timing! His expression is just great.

- Randy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Just posted two shots taken with the new Zorkie. They are in the Standard gallery. My Nikon film scanner sucks with grainy b&w so pardon the lousy scans please. Beyond that I am quite impressed!
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I took a chance and bought a working Zorki-4 with a Jupiter 8 (like your setup) off of a nice man from RFF a while back. I lucked out in that it was a reasonable price, and it's a 1959 model with the engraved numerical markings.

I love the thing.. It's heavy, lunky, and removed all sadness I was experiencing since killing two Argus c-four cameras of mine.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/luketra...7594385349116/

Here's my set of Z4 photos. The lens is very nice, if you ask me.. Especially for the money.. I've been meaning to try it on my Voigtlander R3A...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To be honest. The quality of the Jupiter 50mm is pretty good. Unfortunately, I don't get to use it much as the advance mechanisms on the Zorki4s keep jamming up after I rewind the film. The little dohickey that is set to make the rewind function work just never comes out. I have two Zorki4 paperweights.

Now I have a Zorki 1 I like an awful lot, but I keep the Industar 50 on it and I have a Jupiter 85mm that takes fine pictures on a Fujinon SM body.

Anyhow, the quality does vary so good luck with your camera.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Just Got a 1972 Zorki 4

It was a gift, along with a number of other cameras including a mint Zenit -B and a Rolliecord (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum51/4...-mat-124g.html)

The Zorki is in mint condition with a black Jupiter 8 lens. It came with the original warranty card and factory certification and original owner's manual and what looks like the original sales reciept (all in Russian). The camera was purchased new in Russia in 1972 and the pressure plate has no marks, so little, if any, film went through the camera.

Too bad the shutter was jammed , so up on the 'collector shelf' it went.

Well, I have about 20 cameras, but no 'Leica-style' rangefinders. So, today, I thought this Zorki would be cool to use.

Turns out these later Zorki 4s only go for about $40 or less on e-bay, and I found a web site of a fellow in Russia that fixes Zorki 4's for about $45 with about $30 shipping (all USD). Mine is worth, perhaps 50 cents more because of the original case, caps and documentation .

So...there is nothing like tearing into a broken camera that has almost no value; you really can't make it any less valuable. Turns out I WAS able to get it un-jammed. The rangefinder arm was also stuck, but I cleaned this up and now it functions perfectly.

Wow, that shutter speed mechanism seems awfully fragile. After getting it fixed I felt like just leaving it at 1/250 or something. Every time you adjust it if feels like you are breaking it. Thanks to a PDF English owner's manual from the net, I read that they warn the user it will feel like that and it is normal. Also, the shutter speed knob sticks up more when set on the slower speeds (again normal:o )

I also got a Rolliecord with this 'package' and it specifically demands 1/500 be set BEFORE cocking the shutter. Of course, the savvy Zorki user will know that the Zorki demands shutter speed setting AFTER cocking the shutter .

Now that it is fixed I need to try it out with some film!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin