Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,267   Online: 796

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Just bought a Zorki IV

Came with a Jupiter 50mm F2 lens. In primo shape, I'm so excited! I wonder if the LTM lenses I use on my Bessa will work?? Ummm....

Today I will shoot a roll of b&w 400 asa thru it and see what type of "look" I get with this lens. I hear it's not the greatest by todays standards, but then again, that's not what I'm looking for. Heck I could put a to small lens shade on it and pretend I have a Holga.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's a fun camera.

There are a few minor variants of the Zorki 4. The best are the oldest ones from the 1950s and early 1960s, with engraved shutter speeds and a vulcanite body covering. Mine is silkscreened and vinyl, but it's still fun.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    I wonder if the LTM lenses I use on my Bessa will work?.
    Yes they will. The 50/2 Jupiter varies enormously in quality: I once had one that rattled, as an internal element flopped to and from (you could see the reflection move). The best are surprisingly good.

Have fun!

Cheers,

R. (author of 'Rangefinder...')

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I very much enjoy my Zorki 1 with it's collapsable Elmar copy lens. It's a joy to use, feels wonderful in my hand, and fits easily into just about any pocket you can find. I don't shoot a lot of 35mm film these days, but I still use it from time to time and certainly wouldn't get rid of it for anything.

- Randy

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, you can interchange lenses between the Voigtlander Bessas and the Zorki's (except the Jupiter 12, which interferes with the meter on the Bessa).

The Jupiter 8 can be very good. I remember developing some shots I took with one on a Kiev 4a. I was shooting wide open from across a conference room. When I developed the negs I could count the hairs on the speaker's hand where he was writing on a whiteboard. I also use one in LTM and don't notice an obvious difference in quality when switching between it and the 35/2.5 Skopar.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DBP View Post
    I also use one in LTM and don't notice an obvious difference in quality when switching between it and the 35/2.5 Skopar.
    Wow that says a lot! I have been very impressed with the Skopar. It's snowing today so my shooting might have to wait a bit. We will see.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have I zorki 4 also with a jupiter 8 also 12 made in 1977 sounds a a little rough but I get good results. These lenses seem to work fine with my leica 3f as well

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Snow

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    Wow that says a lot! I have been very impressed with the Skopar. It's snowing today so my shooting might have to wait a bit. We will see.
    Sounds like perfect weather for a Russian camera.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I wonder if there s a way to find out the age of the camera using the serial number?
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Eric,

I believe that the first two digits of the serial number is the year of manufacture. 66=1966, 71=1971, etc.

Wayne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin