Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,662   Posts: 1,668,916   Online: 697

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lens for M3

Shooter
    35mm RF
    In your price range the CV Nokton 50/1.5 with the LTM to M adapter would be a good choice. Take the money you save, add it to your budget for a second lens, and get the Zeiss ZM Biogon 35/3. This is a wonderful lens.

If you prefer the older M lens look, try http://www.kevincameras.com/ or KEH. These firms enjoy reasonable reputations.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have had some really really sharp pictures with my Jupiter 8 2/50 in a screw mount adaptor. It is a bit annoying that it lacks clicks for the aperture, though.

/matti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would second having a look at the CV Nokton 50.

There is a group on flickr dedicated to this lens so you can get an idea of its look.

Shooter
    35mm
    For candid/street use it's hard to beat a slightly wider angle and the CV Color Skopar 35/2.5 is a cracking little lens. I use it as a standard on my M6

Shooter
    35mm
    The Elmar 50 f/2.8 would be too slow for 400 film indoors. Even with an F2 lens you'll be shooting at 1/30 and 1/15 much of the time, unless you use faster film or push it, which kind of defeats the purpose of using a good lens.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    As with SLR, so with RF, I am a Nikonian so take what I say with a large grain of salt.

Since in the RF world we Nikonians were "starved" for half a century - I am forever indebted to Mr. Kobayashi (sp) for using Cosina to revive the mid-20th Century RF world both generally, and specifically.

In your price range I think you are much better off with a new CV lens lens.

If you are willing to double your price range - then go for a ZM.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I think the prices of Kevin's Cameras -- at least on eBay -- on unreasonably high. You can find much better deals elsewhere -- such as here on the classifieds and on other boards as well.

Shooter
    35mm
    In the USA Camera Quest is a good source for CV lenses such as the Nokton 50 / F1.5. The website is http://www.cameraquest.com. The owner is a good guy - honest, and goes the extra mile.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Action taken

Well, with all the great advice recieved from everybody (thanks to all), I have decided on a strategy:

John Van Stelton at Focal Point came up with, what sounds to me, a very reasonable quote for cleaning up and servicing my Summicron 50mm lens - $250 including the repolish and recoat.

So I have gone out a picked up a 90mm TELE-ELMARIT from KEH for just under $500. When it gets here, I send off the summicron to Focal Point.

If the repair works, and the Tele-elmarit lives up to expectations, I will end up with two lenses for just a little more than I started off planning for.

Once I have saved up some more pennies I'll look over the CV 35mm.

I'll post a note on how this all turns out.

Shooter
    35mm RF

M3 Replacement optic

Dear Colleague from Mexico

Look out for a modern collapsible 50mm F2.8 - get one in silver (brass) if possible to maintain your camera's period appeal.

It is the cheapest £eica lens at about GBP 600 ( ~ $ 1000 US) when new, and is of stunning quality and a joy to play with. Also very compact, unobtrusive, not prone to flare with built on hood, convenient.

I love mine!

b0b

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin