Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,677   Online: 890

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Boyd View Post
    A friend and I switched lenses for a week. He lent me his 40mm Nokton and I lent him my 40mm Summicron. After looking over our prints we concluded the Summicron was the better lens.
    Thankyou all for your input, particularly Rich815. As I said I am interested in comparisons between the single coated CV Nokton 40 and the multi coated CV Nokton 40.
    So, has anyone else actually used the two lenses I asked about, and do you have comparisons to show?

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi Andy,
    Are you aware of the Cosnia-Voigtlander Users group (CVUG). It's an e-mail list you can join at http://www.cameraquest.com. There are many people there who can give you opinions on these lenses.

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Dan. I had looked at the Cameraquest site, but I don't do mailing lists. Too much opportunity to be left open for spam. I also tried the rangefinder forum, but the first thread you see there is 'A tribute to my D70s' by someone gushing about the new Leica P&S, so I guess that place has now gone completely down the toilet.
    Last edited by Andy K; 05-09-2007 at 02:21 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    There's been some threads about the comparison of these two lenses over at rangefinderforum.com - a recent one is here.

All the photos on my website are taken with the R3A, Nokton 40mm S.C. and XP2 if you want to see examples of that combination.

Enjoy!
    Guy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thankyou Guy, exactly what I was looking for! Some very nice photography there indeed! I love the shot of the bridges over the railway in your Billericay set. I grew up in the next town along, Wickford, and I know Billericay well. The SC 40 gives a lovely vintage look to that shot.

It looks like the decision is made! SC it is!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Happy to have been of help. I've really enjoyed using and seeing the results from the 40mm SC and XP2 combination. It's all I have used for the last two and a bit years save a couple of outings with a pentax film camera.

My parents currently live in Billericay and I had grandparents and aunts/uncles until recently living in Wickford. Both interesting towns when the commuters are at work.

All the best
    Guy

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    Thanks Dan. I had looked at the Cameraquest site, but I don't do mailing lists. Too much opportunity to be left open for spam.
    Hmm - well I can understand your concern there. All I can say is I've been on the list for more than a year and never had a spam problem from that list. In any case, you might want to contact Stephen Gandy directly - CameraQuest.com is his site. - I'm sure he'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dslater View Post
    Hmm - well I can understand your concern there. All I can say is I've been on the list for more than a year and never had a spam problem from that list. In any case, you might want to contact Stephen Gandy directly - CameraQuest.com is his site. - I'm sure he'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.
    You can also sign up for the list, but disable email and only read the threads online in a password protected "forum" style display. I've been on the list for years and only get the monthly "reminder" email about access.

Lee

tbm
    Shooter
    35mm

40mm Nokton choice

The March/April 2006 issue of Photo Techniques magazine has a very interesting article by two gentlemen who both analyze results from both the uncoated and coated versions. I just checked the magazine's Web site and found they don't have the article available there, but I recall reading in the article that both authors found little difference between both versions.

Shooter
    35mm
    Is there a link yet? I would like to read this article, now that I know about it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin