Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,185   Online: 965

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

UK Contax G2 spares?

Hello,

Does anybody know where I can get Contax spares in the UK? I've emailed Alpha Digital, named on the Contax website as the continuing 'official' repairs + stockists after Contax bit the dust, but nobody bothered to return my emails. Maybe they now don't 'do' Contax...?

I'm looking for a rubber eyepiece for my G2 body. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,
    Gavin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Finally managed to get these from Alpha - after paying for them almost 2 months ago...! I've been told that they had been sent twice then got lost, emails were unanswered, information given on the phone changed all the time (eg. we don't do these spares; the technician is on holiday, the technician has never been on holiday etc etc). If anyone else is needing Contax service or support, be warned...!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    When Kyocera announced the end of their manufacturing, I rang up the service dept immediately and ordered two more spare rubber eyepiece grommets. I'd already gone through three.

Sure enough, I needed one about a year later. Still have a spare. Mine.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yeah, Contax service and support, yikes. They didn't even have the correct address on the web site, so my 21mm was floating around USPS for a few weeks, insurance and all. When I finally got somebody on the phone, it was, oh yeah, we moved about a year ago. !?#^&!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, I had, ( have ), the same problem. I found one on eBay. I paid U.S.$39.00, ( S&H U.S. $10.00 ), for it. It came from the Phillipines.

I asked the guy if he had another one, he said his friend did.
    Guess how much ? Another $49.00. Was I'm glad i did it, YOU BETCHA.

Would I sell it, " from my cold dead hands ", just like my Black G2 kit.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm also looking for the rubber eyepiece. If anyone knows a good source of those, please share

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin