Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,050   Posts: 1,561,116   Online: 868

Thread: bondage scenes

Shooter
    35mm

bondage scenes

Question for Roger Hicks. I'm planning on shooting some bondage scenes with my rangefinder and I was wondering what kind of lighting you would recommend.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Boyd View Post
    Question for Roger Hicks. I'm planning on shooting some bondage scenes with my rangefinder and I was wondering what kind of lighting you would recommend.
    Ummm.... Bit on the specialized side! The only person I know who does a lot of this sort of thing is Marie Muscat-King. Google her and you'll find her work.

A lot would depend too on what sort of effects you are trying to achieve.

Cheers,

R.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'll do a search. Thanks for the tip. I thought I'd ask you after reading your article in Shutterbug. When I saw the name, I realized I had seen it here. I have a local with interesting background but its the lighting which has me stumped. I was hoping to start Monday.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Dear Donald,

Which article in Shutterbug was that? Bear in mind that I don't always see the magazine, and that articles are sometimes published quite a long time after they are submitted. There are some of Marie's pictures in some of my books, but I don't remember any in Shutterbug.

Marie tends to use fairly simple lighting, one key (high and to one side), one fill (lower, in the other side) and at most a couple of other effects lights -- rarely even that. Really, it's much like any other portrait lighting; any book on lighting should be OK.

What sort of effects are you trying to achieve, and are you shooting colour or mono?

Cheers,

R.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have a look at Charles Gatewood's (NSFW) book, Photography for Perverts. He's been shooting modified and fetish people for 30 or 40 years, mostly with rangefinders.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Bondage is just like any other human activity, you light for maximum effect, or maximum definition of the activity. If shooting color, you could use color gels on some lights to heighten the bizzarre effects.

Shooter
    35mm
    Which article in Shutterbug was that?
    The Zeiss F lens information article where in the end you wrote you won't be buying any because you use rangefinders.

Good tips. I may just keep it simple by shooting in B&W.

Shooter
    35mm
    The cramps were starting so I shot the wife today. Tomorrow would have been a bloody mess.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Troll much?
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i saw the cramps about 20 years ago in providence at the living room.
    lux interior and poison ivy and the rest of the band put on
    a great show.

those were the days ....
    Last edited by jnanian; 04-30-2007 at 09:36 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin