Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,933   Online: 876

Shooter
    35mm

Zeiss 50/1.5 C-Sonnar

Considering a purchase of the ZM 50/1.5 C-Sonnar. Anyone here have any experience with this lens?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are a bunch of threads on the rangefinder forum, like this one here:
    http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...ight=zm+sonnar

I've been following this too as I am interested, I love the look of the old sonnars, and Jup 3's too. Oh how I wish they would put this lens into an SLR mount...

Shooter
    35mm RF

Love my Sonnar

I have had the ZM T* 50mm f/1.5 Sonnar for about a month now, and have absolutely no complaints. I have not experienced any of the focusing difficulties that others have described. The pictures I have taken have been tack sharp, the OOF is creamy and beautiful, and the transition from sharp to soft very natural in appearance. I am extremely pleased with this lens. It has become my 50mm of choice, relegating the Leica 50mm f/1.4 ASPH to uses requiring clinical sharpness without the Sonnar signature. I recommend it highly.
    LJ Segil

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the feedback. How is the performance at the minimum focus distance?

Shooter
    35mm RF

minimum focus distance

I have had no trouble at minimum distance, although be aware that the lens only focuses to 0.9 meter (not too stellar for a 50).
    LJ

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin