Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,801   Online: 833

Thread: Kodak Ektra

Shooter
    Medium Format

Kodak Ektra

Greetings to all.
    Is there anyone out there familiar with the Ektra? I recently acquired one in good condition and really works. I'm a little hesitant in using it a lot. [I] have a manual with it, but it apparently is a little different from my camera model. The shutter retard speed dial on my camera doesn't have the same set of numerical values as shown in the manual. My camera shows B, 1, 2, 5, 10, 0, and the manual shows B, 1, 2, 5, 10, 25-1000. Were should I put the shutter retard speed dial on my camera to use the faster shutter speeds? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all.

Tom McRae

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ektras in working condition are rare. I've seen about a dozen Ektras and only two worked. Although a great camera, it would be unwise to use it much as there is a good chance you could destroy its value. There are cameras just as good that don't have the investment value of the Ektra. If you are looking to shoot, sell the Ektra and buy something less collectible (or at least less expensive). If you want an investment, keep it.

Personally, I prefer to shoot almost all of my cameras and have never looked at them as an investment. But that's also led me to stay away from cameras that are a good collectible investment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've had a working Ektra, a kit with four lenses and they are certainly very collectible. As Terence said above, I wouldn't shoot with it, keep it rather as a great investment. I still regret selling mine!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin