Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,963   Posts: 1,558,360   Online: 818

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Kalart is adjustable to a specific lens, but it takes some work and cannot reasonably be done in the field. Instructions are available at www.graflex.org. Generally speaking, with an older press camera you use the rangefinder with one lens and the ground glass with any others.

Shooter
    Pinhole

dark dot for dim RF

I think the first person I heard of this from was Rick Oleson. I don't know if he was the origin source or just because his tech notes are so abundant, he passed it on.

The Kodak Medallist, probably not typical of RF's, has its RF window just below the VF (composing) window. The manual claims some procedure like dropping your eye 15 degrees with out moving the camera to use the split-screen RF window, which has a magnified view.

With bifocals I still find it awkward and the magnification is nice for focus but disorienting, for me anyway.

All my other RF' cameras have seperate RF/VF windows.

Some people really hate the Argus C3 RF windows but they are the easiest of my RF's to use (maybe it's the glasses?).
    Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some users and some camera designers also filter the two rangefinder images to increase the distinction, often along a blue/yellow or blue/orange gradient. You could do a partial version of this yourself with a colored filter over the rf window. I like to have two superimposed images rather than blocking one. You can also use the edge of the RF patch (with integrated vf/rf models) to align separate images more easily.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    I haven't done much with the finder but I have found out that the Busch doesn't have cams like some others for specific lenses. I am not sure that I could even make the Kalart work with another lens. The standard 101 is on it. The lens board is really small anyway. Interesting because there is a lot of bellows and extension. What did they have in mind, adding longer lenses but don't use the finder? The range of cam arm is specific to the lense right? There must be a limit to the use of that finder right? Some how I feel like I am asking too much of the camera.

Thanks,
    Curt

You had me worried. I thought you were going to be marking up a Kalart Press Camera. Whew....

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin