Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,939   Posts: 1,557,400   Online: 975

Shooter
    35mm RF

Zeiss has their new 85 F2 ready to roll

Just reading through some email's that Zeiss sent to their dealers this week.

I thought I would pass along the up-dates from the dealer newsletter....

The Sonnar T 85mm F2 is now in production and deliveries will begin in June.

The Distagon 15mm 2.8 remains on backorder with deliveries expected to resume shortly.

The first deliveries of the Biogon 21mm F4.5 will start in late June, followed by the 18mm F4 in August.

Hope you find this information useful.

-Rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks, I've been wondering about the 18mm f/4.0 for a while.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Skeoch View Post
    Just reading through some email's that Zeiss sent to their dealers this week.

I thought I would pass along the up-dates from the dealer newsletter....

The Sonnar T 85mm F2 is now in production and deliveries will begin in June.

The Distagon 15mm 2.8 remains on backorder with deliveries expected to resume shortly.

The first deliveries of the Biogon 21mm F4.5 will start in late June, followed by the 18mm F4 in August.

Hope you find this information useful.

-Rob
    Dear Rob,

Yeah, I handled the 85/2 at Oberkochen in May -- two redesigns after the initial announcement. They didn't want to release it until they were happy with the design. I'm currently waiting for a test lens. I have a Biogon (serial no. 000 000 06) and 50/1.5 Sonnar picked up at the same time: reports on www.rogerandfrances.com (and Shutterbug and B+W) as soon as maybe.

Cheers,

Roger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Roger, is it not time you sponsered this forum. Pay up for your advertising :-)

You have had a very long run of free advertising for your commercial website

Ian

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Roger, is it not time you sponsered this forum. Pay up for your advertising :-)

You have had a very long run of free advertising for your commercial website

Ian
    Dear Ian,

First, I've also a very long history of giving lots of free advice. Second, it's not just a commercial web-site: about half of the Photo School is free, including a vast amount of information you won't easily find elsewhere, such as the new 'Basics' series. Third, I comparatively rarely even mention the site in responses, and when I do, it's usually for the parts of the Photo Schoolthat give free infornation: check 'em and see.

As long as Sean is happy, I don't see a problem. And to be honest, the site doesn't earn enough to pay any meaningful sponsorship anyway. Several people have suggested that I switch to an advertising-funded model, but I'm uncomfortable with that.

Cheers,

Roger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The free and helpful advice given out by Roger and many others is the the reason why many of us subscribe to this site. Well worth the subscription fee in my opinion.

www.rogerandfrances.com is more of a public service site than a commercial enterprise. I would imagine that the paid for part of the photo school is just to allow the site to pay for itself.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    Someone may be thinking of this new wide for his new M8.

Oh no....: http://thepriceofsilver.blogspot.com...g-post_03.html

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You can really tell that that photo was a desat from color original (the one of the author blowing smoke). It looks like a print made from a color neg on VC paper with a grade 2 setting. Gray and mushy.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin