Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,715   Online: 791

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Olympus Trip....nice!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Hicks View Post
    The trouble is, it's easy to overshoot the mark and suddenly to find that you have MORE than you want -- such as the Gallus I bought recently, mostly because I liked the lens-cap, which has an Ancient Gaul engraved on it (and the engraving is still filled with the original red paint, 55-60 years on).
    That's not just any Ancient Gaul - isn't it modelled on that giant statue of Vercingetorix? Somewhere I have a picture of myself standing below that statue, in the days when I had similar hair and a passable approximation of the moustache too...

Peter

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandicoot View Post
    That's not just any Ancient Gaul - isn't it modelled on that giant statue of Vercingetorix? Somewhere I have a picture of myself standing below that statue, in the days when I had similar hair and a passable approximation of the moustache too...

Peter
    Dear Peter,

I think that both the camera and the statue are generic Ancient Gauls: no-one is that sure what Vercingetorix looked like, so the overall look is constant, cf. Asterix, though it may be that the statue helped form that image. It is impressive, isn't it?

Cheers,

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've settled on the Contax G1 system for the time being. Depends on your definition of affordable, but this one was acquired for about $300.

I have a flickr set HERE if you want to see some sample photos taken with the superb 45/2 Planar T*. I'm looking forward to adding the 28 biogon and 90 sonnar ASAP.

Its the only RF I have that can focus to 0.5m (1.5') which is pretty handy for those close shots I show.
    If it says Zeiss or Rollei, the answer is YES!
    My Flickr Gallery

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bessa by voigtlander

Shooter
    35mm
    [QUOTE=Mike Kovacs;496960]I've settled on the Contax G1 system for the time being. Depends on your definition of affordable, but this one was acquired for about $300.

Mike, I did the same... love the look of the lens, and after lugging around newer slr's, it's like carrying a feather! It's now my favorite walk-about / pocket / snapshot camera!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin