Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,656   Online: 925

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    DBP,

Ok now we have established that you do not have a higher power ...

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Resistance is futile.

While you are at it, pick up an M2, an M4 or an M6 TTL.
    You of course will have to have a 21mm Super-Angulon, a Tri-Elmar and a
    Noctilux for those dim light situation.
    A Visoflex and 400mm Telyt can come later.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DBP View Post
    No wife, I only have to justify these things against my other hobbies, such as SCUBA and sailing. And the Leica mystique didn't grab me so much as the fact that I had an expensive lens sitting on my desk that wasn't getting used. I hate to see gear sit idle. So, the Bessa R2 should arrive tomorrow. Then I am tempted to do the sort of thing I normally would not do, like maybe some subjective lens tests comparing the Summicron, my 35/2.5 Skopar, and some FSU glass. I'm also tempted to take some matching shots with my Argus C-3 to see if the average person can see the difference.
    You are dead meat.

The minute you start playing with M-mount lenses you have started down a path from which there is no return.

Your SCUBA gear will lay idle; you're sailboat will grow barnacles; as you embark on a journey into the mad world of Leica perfectionism.

Your glib remark about the Argus C-3 will come back to haunt you. Your dead-end foray into FSU glass (a.k.a. as "ashtrays") will waste time and annoy to near suicide you as you wait for weeks to receive the brown paper box tied with oxen-tail twine inside of which something "rattles".

In the end you will acquire firstly a M3. It will be "fun" but you will desire the TTL and opt for a M6 (or maybe M7). All in the meantime, spending money on more and more Leitz "glass".

You are crossing the photographic equivalent of the River Styx. Abandon all hope - and have fun!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DBP View Post
    . . . Basically, is the 'cron so special that I will notice a difference from my other glass?
    If not, you might have a serious problem. Back when Tri-X was the 35mm speed king (except something horrible called RE-2475) I had to use a 50m f/1.4 Canon lens on Leica. Then Kodak produced T-Max 3200, and I could shoot a Summicron at twice the shutter speed. Despite an increase in grain, it made a significant improvement in image quality. At small apertures other lenses may compete with the Summicron.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin