Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,326   Posts: 1,681,970   Online: 717

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You have the wrong girlfriend.

Mine encourages me to take what equipment I want. Encourages me to take photographs and never complains about waiting. And if I decide not to take camera equipment thats ok too.

Time to trade in your girlfriend for a newer model.

Steve
    you've assumed a couple things wrong. 1/my girlfriend doesn't mind waiting around for me to take shots and she's extremely encouraging about me taking over the laundry room and turning it into a darkroom and having all kinds of photographic shit lying around with no complaints. 2/she only tells me to condense my equipment, 'cause i bitch about having too much. 3/she's too awesome to "trade in"...also, trading in would assume that someone else is willing to date me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Hicks View Post
    Frances Schultz is happy with all of the above, or has been so far (25th wedding anniversary 2 weeks ago)

But when it comes to carrying heavy cameras, wasn't there a guy called Oskar Barnack or something like that?

Cheers,

Roger
    25years!!! Thats the silver anniversary. Congratulations to you two Roger and Frances. We have this song/tune that its always played at silver weddings but Im a lousy singer and don't play the horns so .................
    Kind regards
    Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanstarr View Post
    you've assumed a couple things wrong. 1/my girlfriend doesn't mind waiting around for me to take shots and she's extremely encouraging about me taking over the laundry room and turning it into a darkroom and having all kinds of photographic shit lying around with no complaints. 2/she only tells me to condense my equipment, 'cause i bitch about having too much. 3/she's too awesome to "trade in"...also, trading in would assume that someone else is willing to date me.
    Considering the amount of gear mentioned in your OP I recon you would have to trade her in for a Mule or perhaps a sherpa so keep her and start listening to what she says.
    Kind regards
    Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I needed to travel with a medium format camera load to capture images that would be enlarged to 8x10 or larger and I needed to travel with a light load, I usually carried one body and three lenses (wide, normal, and telephoto). Instead of carrying a second medium format backup body, I carried a small 35mm rangefinder with a normal lens.

NW Wisconsin hard by the shore of Lake Superior
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sounds like you might want to consider a Hexar AF. Wonderful lense, built like a tank, silent operation. All in all a great camera......
    Never met a camera I didn't like...
    Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/j9fingers/

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    i have not been follwing this thread, but this link reminded me of the title of the thread,

http://legko.be/index.php?option=com...=6053&Itemid=1
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ann, you just made insomnia so much better!
    - Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ann View Post
    i have not been follwing this thread, but this link reminded me of the title of the thread,

http://legko.be/index.php?option=com...=6053&Itemid=1
    Where can I get a tripod like the one in the second picture?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Contax G1 is the choice I'm currently exploring. The 45/2 Planar T* is a winner for sure. My camera and 45/2 cost me about $300. Lenses run about $200-250 each for the common 28-35-45-90 lenses, $500+ for the 21mm, $1000+ for the 16mm. I do appreciate having a compact RF that focuses to 0.5m minimum with the 45mm. It has full manual exposure plus auto exposure, 16sec-1/2000.

Contax G1, 45/2, Provia 100F

In the shot of the house, I can tell the screws in the doorbell button are phillips head - sharp enough for me!

The question is can you surrender yourself to a compact AF camera? I'm coping just fine - its a bit of a break chasing the kids indoors and actually being able to keep up.
    If it says Zeiss or Rollei, the answer is YES!
    My Flickr Gallery

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kovacs View Post
    I can tell the screws in the doorbell button are phillips head.
    They look more like Posidrive to me!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin