Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,582,990   Online: 1062

Shooter
    35mm RF

Had a chance to try the Zeiss Ikon 21mm F4.5

I shot a wedding over the weekend for a friend of the family and had a chance to grab a few shots with the new Zeiss Ikon 21mm F4.5 that I just got.

Overall I thought it was a great lens.... I can't wait to use it some more.

I've included a couple images for your viewing pleasure. It was shot on Ilford XP2 and scanned from the neg.

I would say it was about F8.

-Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bride.jpg   21mm.jpg  
    Last edited by Rob Skeoch; 08-01-2007 at 07:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Rob, the image is great. I too have an IKON and am strongly considering this lens. I currently use only the 35mm f2 lens and it is incredible.

Regards,
    John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Simmons View Post
    Rob, the image is great. I too have an IKON and am strongly considering this lens. I currently use only the 35mm f2 lens and it is incredible.

Regards,
    John
    For someone who already has a 35, do you think that a 21 is a better choice than a 25?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    There is no best choice... you can't go wrong with either one.

I think if you just had a 35mm and a 21mm you might find the gap too large... but it depends what you like to shoot.

Using a 21mm for people allows you to get really close to the subject which is great if you like that look, but if you don't feel comfortable getting that close than I think the 25mm is a better choice.

Of course if you have just the 35 and 21 then in two lenses and a lightweight kit you have covered a large range of lenses.
    -Rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Love the hammock shot. We're just about to send a 21/4.5 back to Zeiss. Lovely lens. If I didn't already have two 21mm lenses for the Leicas I'd seriously consider it.

Then again, if I could afford the 16-18-21 Tri-Elmar there'd be no contest. The Biogon has far less distortion, but the Tri-Elmar distortion is still tiny and it's a gorgeous lens.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin