Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,341   Online: 1122

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Collimated for wide-open and close-up for the Leica, best to stop down a little for infinity. The Sonnar focus shift helps stretch that infinity focus.

Wide-open at F2:

TIGHT Crop of above.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Nice addition for a small camera.

This one is set in a 1955 J-8 focus mount, the later 1980s Black mounts work just as well. The earlier mounts are double-helical.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So, will a post war Sonnar f1.5's elements fit into a J-3 ltm mount?

What happens when you use these adapted lens with a ltm to M adapter on a Leica M mount body?

Wayne

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This is great news! Now I may be able to finally sell the Kiev 4 and get a Canon P again!

...eventually. Maybe once my love affair with this Graphic View thingamajig cools a little.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    He Stephanie!

Have you posted any Baby Pictures lately??

Brian

Shooter
    35mm RF
    > So, will a post war Sonnar f1.5's elements fit into a J-3 ltm mount?

NO! The post war lenses will not work. The optics and fixtures were enlarged. The Zeiss Opton is much different construction, and the post-war Zeiss Jena's are larger diameter optics and threads.

The Pre-War and Wartime optics modules will work. The fixtures are Longer than the J-3, and the "prescription" of the glass is different. BUT- in the worst case, take off the variable stand-off ring of the J-3, polish it down, and use it on the Zeiss module to go into the Jupiter focussing mount.

The 5cm F2 requires that you use the J-8 aperture ring in place of the Zeiss ring. The 5cm F1.5 aperture ring can stay in place on the J-3 Mount. I've done 5 exchanges to date.

The J-8 Module WILL NOT go into the collapsible 5cm F2 mount, but an I-61 module fits after polishing down the aperture ring. The J-3 module fits into the Contax 5cm f1.5 mount, but you need to polish it down a bit. The J-3 mount is shorter.

Yup- That Canon P would look something like this...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin