Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,937   Posts: 1,585,638   Online: 767

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF

COntax to LTM Adapter, some samples

I got the test results back using the Contax to LTM adapter made by Amedeo Muscelli. I am very happy with the results. I tested it using it my Zeiss 5cm F1.5 and Menopta 53/1.8. Both are Contax mount lenses.

Zeiss 50mm (Edited from 'cm') F1.5, later model that dropped the "Opton" from the name.

Wide-open on the Canon 7, metered using the camera's selenium meter.

And with the Menopta 53/1.8 wide-open. This is an export version of the Helios-103.

Last edited by lens_hacker; 08-12-2007 at 01:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Just a note. Zeiss lenses marked in cm are prewar and lenses marked in mm are postwar.

Is this lens a 50mm Sonnar or a 5cm Sonnar?

While both focal lengths are the same, how they are marked on the lens indicates whether they are prewar or postwar.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I just checked- it's in Millimeters. You think they would have labeled it 52mm or 53mm. I'm used to my Nikkors from the same period still being cm. It has the linear F-stop markings, and has a serial number in the 14x range. I've got another Zeiss-Opton in the 10x range and another in the 112x range. They are all sharp.

Shooter
    35mm
    On a slightly different subject, is anyone aware of a Contax lens to M42 adapter? I see ones going the other way, but haven't found any reference to this so far.

Just curious, as I'd like to try a few of the FSU lenses that are available in LTM and Contax-mount only.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You are killing me with this post! I have two Contax to Leica M adapters that required quite a bit of adjustment to make them work. They were both from johnluk. In hindsight I should have bought the ones from Amadeo, but at the time there was absolutely nothing on the internet about the different adapters. I kind of want a LTM adapter now so I can use the lenses with my Canon 7 as well.
    You can read about the adjustment process here-

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=43587

Patrick

Shooter
    35mm RF

Contax adaptor

I purchased an adaptor from the South American guy and ended up returning it as I couldn't get it to focus close up. Mine was about a foot off. He did take the return though, although he was not too happy. Had I read the further adventures of recalibrating it, I might have taken a chance on it.

Eric
    Dad, is the lens cap suppose to be on?.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    It's amazing what 0.5mm will do to the focus of a lens. The difference between a Nikon S-mount lens working on an adapter, and a Zeiss lens working.

This LTM adapter is pretty amazing. It is thin, but I've had it on/off 10 times already. I'm thinking of leaving it on a Canon 7. Manually selected framelines, metal curtains, and the meter. And I have two of them.

Just to add: the back-focus for the M42 mount is much greater than the 28.8mm that these lenses are designed for.

But I did get a Zeiss-Jena preset 50/2.8 Tessar in M-42 mount transplanted into LTM, using the focus mount from an I-61L/D.

RF COupled, collimated for the Leica. On the Canon 7, wide-open.

Brian

Shooter
    35mm
    Can someone please give a contact for Amedeo Muscelli as I would like to purchase an adaptor to enable me to use my ZI Contax lenses on my Voigtlanders

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think this will work:

amedeo at muscelli. net

Eliminate the spaces and change "at" to @.

Wayne
    Last edited by Wayne R. Scott; 06-19-2008 at 07:55 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Since posting these, I've found that the pre-war Carl Zeiss Jena 5cm f2 optics module will fit perfectly into a J-8 mount, and the pre-war 5cm F1.5 Sonnar will fit into a J-3 Mount.

It's easy to do. I can post some instructions if anyone is interested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin