Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,032   Online: 891

Shooter
    Multi Format

Recommend online dealers for Russian lenses

Other than eBay, are there any online sellers of Russian lenses that can be recommended?

I'm interested in a small 50mm lens to use on Leica M6--screw mount lenses are okay since I can use an adapter. I want something fairly economical since I expect the lens will not be treated particularly well and I don't want to risk my Summicron.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    A lot of people like Fedka at http://www.fedka.com/catalog/

Also very highly recommended is Oleg at okvintagecamera.com/

His gear is CLAed and I've seen it mentioned that he can find gear if asked.

Oleg is great at repairs and many a LTM Leica has found its' way to him from the U.S. Also a number of online buyers have their FSU cameras sent to him to be checked out and put in proper order before receiving from the FSU.

A Jupiter 3 or 8 or Industar 61L/D would be just the ticket in LTM.

Eli

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    BTW, my experience over the years is that Jupiter 8s and Industar 61s in good condition are fairly common, while Jupiter 3s are often in terrible shape. I don't know why this is, but almost every J-3 I have seen has looked like it was cleaned with 40 grit.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There are also the Industar 22 and 50 - small, collapsible, 50mm f:3.5. I think I may have a few usable ones left - I bought a "mixed box" of 20 lenses some years ago since the postage was going to be more than the price of the lenses anyway.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin