Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,941   Posts: 1,557,540   Online: 1163

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

CV Nokton 50/1.5 Loose Barrel Repair Guide

A loosening barrel seems to be a common issue with some CV 35 Ultrons and 50 Noktons (like mine :bang: ). I repaired it (it's very easy to do) and took pics along the way. I posted the guide on my CV fansite:

http://www.cosina-voigtlander.com/in...id=56&Itemid=1

Hope this helps some out there

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Excellent Brian, great site and thanks for the info. My Nokton and Ultron are both OK at this point, but you never know.
    Tony

Shooter
    35mm
    No prob. My Ultron is okay, too...I think my Nokton was "helped along" by a nasty spill it took last year

Shooter
    35mm RF

loose lens

I have the same problem with my 40 1.4 Nokton. I've repaired it at least 3 times and should really photograph everything before taking it apart. This repair is from the mount to tighten a retaining ring.

Eric
    Dad, is the lens cap suppose to be on?.

Shooter
    35mm
    Do these CV lenses just fall apart or do they do so from abuse? If it is the former then wouldn't the seller, like Stephen Gandy, replace it free of charge and cover the the cost of shipping the old one back and for the replacement? What kind of warrantee comes with these lenses, a Crackerjack type?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Boyd View Post
    Do these CV lenses just fall apart or do they do so from abuse? If it is the former then wouldn't the seller, like Stephen Gandy, replace it free of charge and cover the the cost of shipping the old one back and for the replacement? What kind of warrantee comes with these lenses, a Crackerjack type?
    I bought my Nokton used and nothing started to happen to it until after it took a spill, which was also after 2-3 years of regular usage.

My used Nokton came with a 1 year warranty from the store.

All my new CV lenses have also come with a 1 year warranty and I've had no issues with any of them.

Shooter
    35mm
    I think I will pass on the CVs. I have never had a lens fall apart so why start now. I have read too many horror stories about these lenses. Even the cameras have lots of problems. I know because I own one.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Boyd View Post
    ... Even the cameras have lots of problems. I know because I own one.
    Would be interested to know what the problems are!

Regards,

David

Shooter
    35mm
    Poor focusing, rattle in the viewfinder, camera body not balanced, shutter gets stuck, film winder slips out of my fingers, film lever scratches the body, shutter dial as stiff as unscrewing a screw with my fingers.... Should I go on?

Here is a recent thread from another unhappy owner:

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=46941

These types of threads are all too common.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The Cosina/Voigtlander camera gear is much less expensive to purchase than Leica brand RFDR gear. Much, much less expensive. The quality of the lenses (sharpness, resolution) is much closer to Leica standards than one would think, considering the purchase cost of the lenses. Of course they are not built to the same mechanical standards, but by golly, they are good lenses. I have almost all of them. Never had a problem, but even if there are problems from time-to-time, you still come out ahead financially over purchasing Leica lenses. Even Leica lenses can have "issues" from time-to-time. The Cosina/Voigtlander LTM AND "M" MOUNT lenses are much more robust than the average crop of consumer digital SLR LENSES.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin