Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,446   Online: 929

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HerrBremerhaven View Post
    This is why some things, like Leica rangefinders, are desirable. Just like certain Italian cars and motorcycles, there is little to no practical reason to use one. Quite simply we are left with passion.
    I have a lovely watch for which I paid upwards of $3K. It is swiss, and mechanical, and if I don't wear it for the weekend it stops, unlike my $20 Casio. No surprise to anyone that both keep excellent time (when powered appropriately). So I "get" the idea of luxury items.

IF, however, I were to run across an article about my watchmaker, claiming "some elegant swiss watchmaker's trick that makes you aware of each passing second, each hour, and invites you to grasp those moments as your own," then even I would by all means feel entirely justified in experiencing digestive motility.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Definitely agree with you on that Bjorke. I bought my Ducati for me, and not to impress anyone else. Unfortunately sometimes these things become fetish objects to be lauded to extremes; which can be quite nauseating.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin