Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,999   Posts: 1,524,322   Online: 747

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Zeiss ZM 35mm Biogon

Finally bit the bullet and ordered a 35mm for my M6 after shooting with only a 50mm for a year. I certainly enjoyed being forced to use the 35mm perspective, but I'm a slightly wider kind of guy.

Haven't had a chance to get any photos with it, but the build is fantastic. Pretty much the same size as my last version summicron. I think I'm going to be quite happy...

No real point to this post other than to say I'm excited. If you're on the fence about a ZM lens or a much more expensive Leica lens, get the ZM and spend the rest on film...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Question of taste and personal choice. After torning between these I ended up as a happy 35mm 'Cron ASPH shooter...
    Putting aside optics (I believe probably very little can be compromised choosing one over another in this regard), I really like that rectangular hood and that rapid OOF transition of 'Cron ASPH...however have yet gto acquinted with tab focusing...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have this lens and I love it too!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I tried out a friend's CZ 35 f2 biogon on my Leica M3 and the test shots sold me. Now I just have to come up with the cash.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    it is a great lens and one I have zero regrets about.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    While I'd love to have an ASPH cron, I decided (or it was decided for me) that I couldn't afford it. The ZM was enough of a stretch for me And heck, either one is a better lens than I can use.

Actually, this is not something I've personally tested, but I've read that the ZM is extremely flare resistant, more so than the cron w/ hood, so using it with out a hood is doable.

Going to try to take it for a spin today.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, I haven't had the chance to try out Biogon, my believe is there is probaly no optical compromize going with either of discussed lenses. What I do wonder is that people keep talking about Biogon usability with no hood vs. 'Cron ASPH also without hood. Why not to use hood ? No harm by one, just a helpful device. I myself would never consider the lens to get used without hood if there is one matched one readily available. If not for flare, the for mechanical protection.
    I did not put the question of "Biogon without hood vs. Cron ASPH without hood" but rather both with hoods properly attached and it appears in this case I'd certainly prefer the rectagular hood of 'Cron ASPH, both for size, compactness, efefctiveness and even, dare I say, so sleeky look...
    It is unlikely I'm going to remove one even in storage - it is just so compact and convenient and there is a good hood cover.
    I have yet gained any extensive experience with my 'Cron ASPH, but somehow I tend to believe in its flare resistance to be adequate enough in real performance.

Shooter
    35mm
    I am looking for a 35mm too. what do you think compare this Zeiss Ikon Biogon T* 35mm f/2 ZM to Leica 35mm f/2.0 Summicron M?? I know the price is about 1/3 of the leica. are all these Zeiss lense made in Japan or Germany?

btw, I have been shooting with CV 35mm/f2.5 Color Skopar C.

Thanks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    All (ZM) Zeiss lenses are made by Cosina, except the 15mm and 85mm are made in Germany (Oberkochen).

The new Summarit line (2,5) from Leica can be also an interesting alternative. All made in Germany (Solms).

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    For a fraction of the cost, I couldn't be happier with the ZM. It seems very well made - as nicely made as my used Leica 50/2.0, which is the most recent version.

I can't justify or afford a Leica 35mm. Just too expensive. The ZM is reportedly more resistant to flare, and while maybe not as sharp, is very even across its whole imaging area. Several people on RFF seem to like the ZM more than the summicron (have no idea about the lux).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin