Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,688   Online: 982

Shooter
    35mm

My CV 35/1.7 Ultron Review

Since a typhoon has ruined any chance of me enjoying this weekend I've put aside some time to write another review, this time of the CV 35/1.7 Ultron. You can find it here:

http://www.cosina-voigtlander.com/content/view/60/28/

Also, I've added seperate categories in the gallery for lens samples so if anyone is using CV lenses I would appreciate it if you could upload a couple shots. This will allow people interested in the lenses to better compare how they render photos (i.e. bokeh. contrast, tonality). Under the User Menu click on Your Photos, then select Lens Samples->[Your Lens].

Thanks!

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks to those who've added images so far

Shooter
    35mm
    Is this one of the few gems from the Cosina-Voigtlander lineup? How does it compare with the 40/1.4, which IS still being sold?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Boyd View Post
    Is this one of the few gems from the Cosina-Voigtlander lineup? How does it compare with the 40/1.4, which IS still being sold?
    The 35/1.7 is still being sold new, it's just no more new stock is being manufactured. As for it being a "gem" I'd have to say yes. In the complete CV lens lineup, the 28/1.9 Ultron, the 35/1.7 Ultron, and the 50/1.5 Nokton are IMHO the "gems" of the bunch.

As for the 40/1.4...not too long ago I won a 40/1.4 SC in a contest and it's on it's way to me now. When I have used it a little I'll let you know. From other reviews I've read and sample images I've seen they are equally sharp but the 40/1.4 seems to have "bad bokeh" when the background is cluttered or contains a few highlights.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'll have to look into that lens. What contest was that?

Shooter
    35mm
    I'll have to look into that lens. What contest was that?
    Daniel Kagle had a night photography contest some time back. I won with a shot from my last visit back home: http://bqw.deviantart.com/art/Disneyland-5-47679110
    Last edited by BrianPhotog; 10-16-2007 at 05:33 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Lucky. Who is Daniel Keegan?

Shooter
    35mm
    Lucky. Who is Daniel Keegan?
    Good portrait photog. He's does some amazing stuff with long exposures and a flashlight: http://dskphotography.deviantart.com/

He's promised me a tutorial next time I'm in LA. I don't have much experience with models.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin