Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,518   Online: 1021

Shooter
    35mm

Robert White interview

I just published a short interview with Robert White, the UK distributor for Cosina-Voigtlander. Because of the nature of the website, most of the questions and answers deal with voigtlander or rangefinders, but there are some interesting comments on the state of photography, too.

Anyway, you can find the article at: http://www.cosina-voigtlander.com/content/view/63/92/

Next week the same set of questions goes to Chii Fei, Voigtlander distributor for Singapore & Malaysia.

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianPhotog View Post
    I just published a short interview with Robert White, the UK distributor for Cosina-Voigtlander.
    Short indeed, but nice to read some background, some thoughts of mr. White on traditional and digi photography. Thanks!

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Having dealt many times with Robert White that made an interesting read. Thanks for posting it Brian.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Like you Andy I've used Robert White on a number of occasions, one of the best UK photo stores particularly for LF equipment. His comments were very interesting. Thanks Brian.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you Brian for this in depth interview with RW.

Shooter
    35mm
    He's a great dude...err..."chap" (sorry, English to English translation ). There a couple other distributors that have answered the same 10 questions for me or have expressed their interest in doing so. Those will be published in the coming weeks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Interesting. You're invited to do such an interview with us. I would like to add some picture and examples made by RF cameras and certainly made on some special (slow speed) films.

Best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotohuis View Post
    Interesting. You're invited to do such an interview with us. I would like to add some picture and examples made by RF cameras and certainly made on some special (slow speed) films.

Best regards,

Robert
    Sure! I'd really like to get a broad variety of industry perspectives and that means a interviewing a broad variety of industry professionals (region, specialty, etc...). I have a couple more Voigtlander distributor interviews to get through first, but definately.

Thank you

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Great, glad hearing from you.
    I am just back from Münster, Germany from the Fotoforum festival.

http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl/documenta...tival_2007.pdf

Together with the German introduction of the new Rollei ATP-V1 Technical Pan two important specialized German chemical companies, Moersch and SPUR both also had the introduction of their new ATP-V1 document developers:
    Moersch, UGI 1+11 ; E.I. 25 Ultra fine grain and nice grey scale.
    SPUR: Technospeed 1+14 ; E.I. 40 till E.I. 50 with this new ATP-V1 Rollei film.
    Already on the market the Udo Raffay receipture R.L.C. 1+5 for this film, E.I. 20.

A typical film for all rangefinder cameras with high preformance lenses.

We will publish the results for this film together with a test for the C.V. R4A and the new Color Skopar 4,0/21mm VM.

Erwin Puts from IMX we will sent the same reference developers. He has already ordered some ATP-V1 Rollei films from our company.

Have a nice weekend,

Robert

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin