Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,645   Posts: 1,481,250   Online: 767

Shooter
    35mm

Chii Fei Interview

Continuing the series of interviews with Voigtlander distributors, this week the subject is Chii Fei. He's the distributor for the Singapore/Malaysia region and is unique among the other distributors in that he wasn't a retailer prior to selling Voigtlander gear. He was just an enthusiast. He still is, in fact.

The interview is at: http://www.cosina-voigtlander.com/content/view/66/92/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For me interesting part was that he and Robert White in previous interview answered they would like to see digi RF made under Voigtlaender name.

I read story/interview about/with Hirofumi Kobayashi some time ago by Herbert Keppler (can be read at: http://www.popphoto.com/blogsandcolu...kobayashi.html )
    and there (on page 2) Kobayashi said he is not interesting to go into digi arena...
    Bosnia... You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps...
    No things in life should be left unfinis

Shooter
    35mm
    I think that Robert and Chii are looking for the long term survival of the rangefinder itself, and for that there needs to be more mainstream-priced digital options. I don't think we'll see a "digital R5" anytime soon, but that doesn't mean there won't be cooperation between cosina and another company to produce a digital RF, like with the Epson RD-1.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin